Where did the Vibrate setting go?
sross

Before the second to last system upgrade happened (the one that I'd argue was in response to the iphone 4 release), my Droid had a volume setting in between silent and volume with sound, where I could have it set to only vibrate.  That setting is now gone, and I want it back!!!  I use that setting more than any other other on my phone, except silent.  It is extremely convenient to have, and extremely inconvenient NOT to have it.  Does anyone know what's up with it going away?  Can I get it back?

0 Likes
Re: Where did the Vibrate setting go?
acidcool666

That setting is now gone but there are two things you can do to remedy this. 1) If you don't use silent at all then go to menu>sound>vibrate>click either always or only in silent mode.  This will put vibrate under the volume.  2) If you need all three settings the go to the market and search for SilentMode OnOff.  Its a widget.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes
arlinny

Its totally gone. So **bleep** . You have to go in settings every time and switch out the vibrate setting. Wish it was back the way it was before.

0 Likes
TnCajunNuke

Great App that gives you a widget to control the Sound/Vibrate/Silent setting is SilentMode ON OFF by BandB(Bread and Butter) Tool.  lets you turn off sound and have vbrate or silent with one touch.  It works flawlessly .

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI before someone tries and blame Motorola or Verizon for this...  It's a FROYO thing.  Google conviently left it out.

0 Likes
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

TnCajunNuke wrote:

Great App that gives you a widget to control the Sound/Vibrate/Silent setting is SilentMode ON OFF by BandB(Bread and Butter) Tool.  lets you turn off sound and have vbrate or silent with one touch.  It works flawlessly .

Love this widget! Thankyou!

0 Likes