What is the name of the benchmark test app?
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

im looking for that app you see all the phone sites use it runs a few tests and at the end shows your device compared to other devices tested i know i have seen it run alot on phonearena.com.....if anyone knows let me know the few i found in the app market suck

0 Likes
Re: What is the name of the benchmark test app?
DoneDidDroidX
Contributor - Level 1

Quadrant.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

He stole my answer....quadrant.

there is only the "standard" version available in the market for some reason...ad supported and limited vs their paid version.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Oh yeah.

I get 1420 on my X

Dj.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Quandrant is BAD...  There's ways you can "cheat" it.  One time I had 12k+ benchmark lol.

0 Likes
DoneDidDroidX
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry Dj, you were just way to slow. We did not have all hour to wait for your answer.:smileywink:

Tidbits, Quadrant is not bad. For those that want to use it to base their phone off of the baselines posted it is fine. But, if you happen to see someone on a site claiming a 14billion gazillion trillion score then they "cheated". Actually they are outright lying.:smileysurprised:

But, seriously if you see a score that is really a lot higher than the baseline, then they "cheated" by over clocking and making a bunch of other tweaks.

The moral is that this app is great to check your phone against the baseline score.

I hit 1500 right after update. But, am averaging around high 1300 now.

should of done a couple of tests before update and compared it to after update. But, then again, I guess I don't need Quadrant to tell me it is a lot faster.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
There is also one called linpack that gives you your speed in mflops.
0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

so what is an mflop lol? im averaging about 1450ish each time i do quadrant i hit 1545 one time and had a few drop to 900-1000range  this thing really seems inconsistant overall though

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
MFLOPS = millions of floating point operations per second. Your scores will vary in both because various operations will always be running in the background. As these vary, your scores will vary.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

DoneDidDroidX wrote:

Sorry Dj, you were just way to slow. We did not have all hour to wait for your answer.:smileywink:

Tidbits, Quadrant is not bad. For those that want to use it to base their phone off of the baselines posted it is fine. But, if you happen to see someone on a site claiming a 14billion gazillion trillion score then they "cheated". Actually they are outright lying.:smileysurprised:

But, seriously if you see a score that is really a lot higher than the baseline, then they "cheated" by over clocking and making a bunch of other tweaks.

The moral is that this app is great to check your phone against the baseline score.

I hit 1500 right after update. But, am averaging around high 1300 now.

should of done a couple of tests before update and compared it to after update. But, then again, I guess I don't need Quadrant to tell me it is a lot faster.

Baseline score is based off the app itself, and not the devices hardware.  It doesn't tell you how well the hardware is performing.  By adjusting certain things your actual "benchmark" will be the same regardless of what Quandrant gives you as it does not test the hardware people think it does.

0 Likes