What is the STATUS of the Mobile Hotspot app on my NEW Droid Charge? 14 days inoperative???
Complaint-Guy

Hi all

I bought the Droid back 2 weeks after it came out in 2009. Loved it, Tethered it to the PC and had unlimited data, made the best modem I ever had and the most reliable.

I upgraded to the New Droid Charge on 5-20-2011 the Mobile HotSpot worked great, it was much more than I expected, I was able to wirelessly connect a laptop, a PC, and my old deactivated Droid to it and all worked well.

With each launch of the Mobile HotSpot app on the Charge phone there was the message that this service is free for a promotional period that will eventually end. Well that service ended on 5-26-2011 so it has been inactive for 14 days now.

I took the phone to Verizon's store and they went to put in a issue about it but were told that the problem already had more than 5 other complaints on record.

But there has not been a single announcement that I can find anywhere on what's up with this.

There has been no Apologies that say were having technical difficulties which will be resolved soon.

There has been no announcement on when they may begin charging for the Mobile Hotspot service.

There has not been a single word one way or the other of What Progress is being made.

I bought this phone just for this Mobile HotSpot App. Everything else I use it for is just secondary for me.

It would almost be better to reactivate my old droid and neuter this new Droid Charge until they can learn to communicate with their patient customers. It almost looks like a typical Bait and Switch situation here.

Why do you leave your customers hanging like this. SAY SOMETHING!!!  How tough can it be?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the STATUS of the Mobile Hotspot app on my NEW Droid Charge? 14 days inoperative???
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

There is an issue with the Mobile Hotspot that is to be fixed with the new update that your phone will receive automatically.  Some in different areas of the country have already gotten the update, I haven't as of yet.  But those that have are reporting the Mobile Hotspot does work again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What is the STATUS of the Mobile Hotspot app on my NEW Droid Charge? 14 days inoperative???
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

There is an issue with the Mobile Hotspot that is to be fixed with the new update that your phone will receive automatically.  Some in different areas of the country have already gotten the update, I haven't as of yet.  But those that have are reporting the Mobile Hotspot does work again.

0 Likes