What are these weird text messages I keep getting?
eariddell

I have been getting texts from 1-001-980-30192

//

brew:0x01034fd9:1,,1283648011 and so on.... what the heck are these, how are they being generated?

0 Likes
Re: What are these weird text messages I keep getting?
mrspeed

I get the same exact one...same phone number. Someone mentioned re-activating your old phone and deleting any email accounts and other stuff, but I never had one on my old phone. Could this have something to do with the wireless or bluetooth enabling? Or something else?

0 Likes
foggybottomboer

Try replying STOP or Unsubscribe, I was getting a different text and this is what Verizon told me and it worked.

0 Likes
jbshulman

I called verizon tech support and they put a trouble ticket in to block the number..I'm waiting to hear..they said it would take 1-2 days

0 Likes
jbshulman

After they put in the trouble ticket, the messages stopped within 2 hours..just call tech support

jbshulman wrote:

I called verizon tech support and they put a trouble ticket in to block the number..I'm waiting to hear..they said it would take 1-2 days

0 Likes
budone
Legend

That message is tied to your old phone receiving a message to get your emails. However on the your newer phone it fails. As stated tech support can correct it rater quickly or if you are adventurous Google the issue and you can fix it yourself, but tech support is easier.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

That message is tied to your old phone receiving a message to get your emails. However on the your newer phone it fails. As stated tech support can correct it rater quickly or if you are adventurous Google the issue and you can fix it yourself, but tech support is easier.

I got one too yesterday from 6200 with the same or similar message. Already deleted it. I never had gotten my emails on my old phone. It was a simple feature flip phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes