What a wonderful problem to have...
stimm33

So I am eligible to upgrade and I need to make a decision. I could either get the Droid X, or Droid 2. I like them both, except for a couple things. First, they both have roughly the same specs, except 3.7 inch screen vs 4.3 inch screen, 5mp camera vs 8mp camera. Also the physical keyboard on the Droid 2, which I don't really like and doesn't really matter to me. So after all that it sounds like the Droid X is my phone, and thats what I thought, until I used them both. The Droid X is pretty big. What concerns me is its size, its almost hindering size. I don't have small hands, but it still seems big. I would love input from owners of both phones. My question is, for Droid X users, is the size annoying?

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What a wonderful problem to have...
BlkVibeNC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love the big size of the Droid X.  I have the body glove case and don't use the hook to attach to my belt...I just carry the phone in my hand.  It is big, but it doesn't seem uncomfortable to carry.  I love it and I think you will too!!!  Just my two cents!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BlkVibeNC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love the big size of the Droid X.  I have the body glove case and don't use the hook to attach to my belt...I just carry the phone in my hand.  It is big, but it doesn't seem uncomfortable to carry.  I love it and I think you will too!!!  Just my two cents!

0 Likes
stimm33

Just thinking about it, I think I will! I just think that the Pros seriously outweigh any cons. Thanks!

0 Likes
mike145

I have the Droid X.  You will love it

0 Likes
Android_Freak

Eh, the size is a little bit of a difference in your poctet but the phone is pretty flat so the difference isn't much.

However, the difference in screen sizes is very significant if you browse the web on your phone or watch vidoes. The screen size on the X blows everything away in that regard.

0 Likes
pcw6727

Absolutely not.

I'm a fireman / paramedic & access my depts. medical protocols online from X, & what a diff. viewing them on this scene. Don't have scroll side-to-side to read them, or zoom out so far to fit all text on screen @m (1x) that I need a magnifying glass to read them . I went from bb storm (which I believe was 3.5) to X, definitely worth the extra size.

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

I have the x with a bodyglove as well. when at home i take the glove off but put it back on before i leave home. I got it the day after release and the size never bothered me. only problem is now when someone hands me their phone to check out it theirs feels like a toy because of the overall size of the x. lol

0 Likes
Galt56

My wife and I are new Verizon customers.  I got her the Droid 2 on its release day and ordered the Droid X.  Two weeks later when my X arrived she was blown away.  Turns out she rarely used the keyboard and didn't really care for it on the 2.  I find the keyboard on the 2 very awkward to use, but I have not used a physical keyboard on a phone in a LONG time.  The real selling point is that the screen size blows the 2 away!!  The minute she saw it, it was all over.  Add that she uses swype almost exclusively, and it was an easy decison to return the 2.  Her X arrives tomorrow.

I carry mine in the Verizon OEM belt-clip holster.  It is light and a joy to carry.  When I am not at work, it is no problem to carry it in my pants pocket.  As someone pointed out, it is so thin that you hardly notice it.    

I really don't think there is much contest between the two phones given there is some ergonomic issues with the Droid 2 keyboard, especially the top row where it meets the screen--there jus isn't enough room.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
AuldTimer

I owned the Droid for a year (same size and layout as the Droid 2) and now have the Droid X.  My eyes are definitely aging and smaller pics and print become a problem.  Had a Treo before the Droid and the Droid blew that out of the water for read size.  Now, when I look at the Droid I get sorta squinty eyed.  The X is also noticeably lighter and less obvious (thinner) when carried in a pocket.  The one thing I miss is the 4 touch keys on the bottom of the Droid.  I'm still getting used to having to apply enough pressure to depress the physical keys on the X.  The camera on the X while still not "camera" quality compared to my compact Canon, is quite a bit better than the Droid and the dual flash gives additional range in low light.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Just get the phone & try it out. Here are some reviews on the Droid X too:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=2763

Just so you know you do have a certain amount of days to try out any phone on Verizon.

Exchange New Merchandise

New and Certified Pre-Owned wireless devices and accessories may be exchanged within 30 days. You are permitted to make one exchange. A restocking fee of $35 applies to all wireless device exchanges (excluding Hawaii). To make an exchange, return the merchandise (including device, charger, battery, instructions, and any other components) in the ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like?new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.

If you purchased your merchandise from the Verizon Wireless Online Store or over the phone from one of our Telemarketing or Customer Service Representatives, please contact the phone number on your customer receipt for additional details on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, please contact the store for additional information on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from another retailer, the retailer's exchange policy applies.

Read more here.

0 Likes