Weird Gmail Problem on Droid
larhunter

I keep getting a notification "Gmail authentication error."  When I click on it, I get the message, "The following error has prevented a successful connection: Incorrect username or password.  Visit settings to correct."  When I click on "settings" I'm brought to a page that says

General Settings

Incoming Server

Outgoing Server

Other Settings

And a button that says "remove account"

There are also "okay" and "cancel" buttons

When I click on "okay," I'm brought to a screen that looks like my gmail inbox, but the most recent message is dated Sept. 2.

When I close out of this window and go to my Gmail app, everything is cool.  I tried sending a test email to myself and I got it just fine.  But I keep getting this error message.

I kinda suspect this is some kind of phishing scam.  Has anyone run into this before?

0 Likes
Re: Weird Gmail Problem on Droid
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Laurent, 

I am more than happy to assist you with the notification message that you received. May I ask did you received the notification in an email format or text message format? Based on the info that you have provided, it doesn't seem like your email is effected. Since everything is working properly, I would recommend deleting the notification. If you get another one then please reply so I can further investigate. 

Thank you...

0 Likes
Re: Weird Gmail Problem on Droid
draya06
Contributor - Level 1

I did get this notification one time. I tried to go into the android market and it wouldn't open. I didn't go to settings from the notification though. When it told me incorrect user name or password, I hit the home button and went to settings from there. When I went to my accounts I was able to sync my g-mail account and I could check my email. I still couldn't get into the market. So I went to my accounts, removed my g-mail account then resigned into it. I haven't gotten the message again.

0 Likes