Weather Clock Widget
deterleigh_73
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded and installed Gingerbread update today. Now my Weather Clock widget can't find my current location. Error comes up and says cannot locate weather service for your location.

Anyone else having issues and/or a fix to this

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Weather Clock Widget
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

If this is the problem of the clock app not loading when you touch the time on the widget. I actually contacted HTC about this problem and it is a known issue to them and they are working on a fix. Suggested downloading a market app alarm clock till they resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AngM627

I tried to delete it and readd it - and it still doesn't work. :smileysad:

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

deterleigh_73 wrote:

I downloaded and installed Gingerbread update today. Now my Weather Clock widget can't find my current location. Error comes up and says cannot locate weather service for your location.

Anyone else having issues and/or a fix to this

Hi deterleigh_73,

I am sorry to learn that your weather widget is not finding your location. Please try clearing the weather application data. Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>All>WeatherProvider>ClearData then power phone off and on. Additionally a soft reset (battery pull) has resolved this issue for some customers.

For a digital copy of your device manual and other helpful information about the Droid Incredible 2 please visit the link below:

HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2 Support

0 Likes
BLed

I'm having a problem with my weather widget too. When I'm at home, it is saying that my "current" location is a town in the next state, many miles away.  When I was at work today, two towns away from my home, the location on the weather widget showed the correctly. The Google maps is showing my location correctly. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
BLed

After thinking about it more, I think my problem might be with the new network extender I installed not too long before I started experiencing this issue.  It shows my location correctly on my weather widget everywhere but at my home. 

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for the great information provided.

If this issue is only occurring while using the Network extender, I would suggest to power cycle the device by:

1. Disconnect the Power Cord from the Power Outlet for 30 seconds.

2. Re-connect the Power Cord to the Power Outlet.

Allow up to 20 minutes for the Network Extender to complete the startup sequence. Install the GPS Antenna cable. Refer to the original manual for additional instructions on activating the Network Extender. You may also refer to the online tutorial by going to Network Extender

Thank you, 

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

If this is the problem of the clock app not loading when you touch the time on the widget. I actually contacted HTC about this problem and it is a known issue to them and they are working on a fix. Suggested downloading a market app alarm clock till they resolve the issue.

0 Likes
yflood

The Clock on the weather clock widget is not working for me.   I cannot tap the clock to get to the menu for setting the alarm etc.  Anyone know how to fix?

0 Likes