WIFi issues after Froyo update
clk500

Anybody have issues on connecting to wifi. Before the upgrade (v2.1) I could connect to the network at my work place but

after I upgrade to Froyo 2.2 I could not connect anymore. It sees the network but after it authenticates it disconnects and disables the wifi connection.The security setting is wpa/wpa2 psk.  I had the IT check it and he said its something on the

security when they made the FROYO update. I thought this update will fix the wifi issue (disconnects intermittently) before

but somehow it made it worse.

I dont have any problem connecting at my home network in wich has the same security settings.

0 Likes
Re: WIFi issues after Froyo update
bmurr22

Check out my post:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-by-Motorola/2-2-Killed-My-Wifi/m-p/248797/highlight/true#M7883

I was one of the first with this issue.  It is a serious issue that is conflicting with Wireless-N and AES security that when combined causes the 2.2 update to have issues.  I have tried a reboot of the phone and it worked for awhile, but then time caught up with it.

0 Likes
Re: WIFi issues after Froyo update
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I had a similar issue with my home wireless network. I have the same wpa/wpa2 setup, and all I had to do was re-enter the long and winding passcode once and since then I've had no problems. Ask your IT for the code or have him/her enter it for you if it's a secret -- that should clear things up.

0 Likes