Re: Volume issue on new Droid X
NightRules

It can, should, & WILL be fixed in a firmware update.:smileymad:

NightRules

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

i really dont think a update will do much  cuz this speaker is so much smaller then the droid 1!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Wildman wrote:
That is strange because it seems that my units volume seems louder after I did update.. I was out with friends and phone had a call in a busy load area and friend jumped because how load it rang... I thought it did nothing for it until it went poof for the first time... SO WEIRD

But I do have to add that the volume change does not appear to be accros the board on the device, my speaker phone is still very low and some my music and movies also still seem rather low, so bacisally my volume issue is still present but not as bad..

0 Likes
NightRules

The speaker in my wifes little lg is even smaller but much louder. A simple system update that codes the phone to send more power to the speakers when the volume is turned way up would do the trick (credited dsxdroider & I agree).

NightRules

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have anyone played around with the setting in the EQ option unpder the Media Audio Effect menu in Sound and Display and do anyone know what exactly is it suppose to effect?

Look under Settings/ Sound and Display/ Media Audio Effects/ Phone Speaker/ Equalizer

0 Likes
NightRules

Yes, it does have quiet the effect when I plugged the Droid X into my cars Bose system, very nice, each selection does what it says. It does NOT have hardly any effect on the phones speaker as it as quiet WIMPY as I stated in my original post of this thread.  :smileymad:

NightRules

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

NightRules wrote:

The speaker in my wifes little lg is even smaller but much louder. A simple system update that codes the phone to send more power to the speakers when the volume is turned way up would do the trick (credited dsxdroider & I agree).

NightRules

This is a nice concept but sometimes thing are not as simple as people would like to believe, there is other things that may need to be taking in consideration, like speaker grade, can the amplifier produce the wattage, will it impact battery (More power have to be redircted from somewhere) and can the speaker take the increase without distortion or craking.  They do make good quality speakers but like everything else, not everything is created equal.  Now I would like to see this issue resolved as quickly as possible but unless you understand the hardware and programming in our device there is no real way to say that a simple code change will fix the issue..

0 Likes
dsxdroider

Of course, everything that Wildman says makes perfect sense. However, I do not see how those points would prevent a fix through a firmware update that includes coding for sending more power to the speakers when the volume is turned way up. Of course, no company would write such code flippantly. To be sure, I imagine a whole team of programmers and electrical engineers need to work it out while taking into consideration the points that you make. Nonetheless, that is their jobs, what they are trained to do, and practically what they do every day of their lives. To them, with a sufficient number of people working the problem, I do not see why they could not generate a simple solution before too long. (By simple I mean the actual amount of code for this matter that would actually go into any relevant firmware update.)

That is why I wrote up a separate post trying to increase awareness of this problem and to encourage people who experience it on their phones to take the relevant steps. Verizon techs have told me that the more people who call in and report a problem to the Verizon first level tech support people, the more the higher level tech support people will take the problem seriously. Several people at Verizon have repeatedly told me that as the number of people who call in and report the same problem to Verizon first level tech support people increases, the number of higher level Verizon tech support working on fixing the problem increases. The more people who call in and report the problem, the more attention it gets, the more higher level people get working on a solution (such as in the form of a firmware update), and so on.

In this spirit, could anyone whose Droid X suffers from this alleged low volume/speaker problem please consider following the simple steps in my post and calling in to report the problem to first level tech support at Verizon?

Could such people also please consider leaving a brief reply to that forum post of mine reporting that you too experience the low volume/speaker problem? Each reply pushes the post to the top of the Droid X forum, which makes more people aware of the problem and increases the chances of more people (who also have the problem on their phones) following my simple instructions in the post and calling in to report their instance of the problem to Verizon. Could anyone reading this with the problem on their Droid X help out a little in this regard? Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe (as I Verizon tells me), that the more people who call in to report a problem, the more people at Verizon who get working on a solution to that problem. So... here is a link to that post of mine:

Special Post on How to Make Progress with the Alleged Low Volume Speaker Problem

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/S​pecial-Post-on-How-to-Make-Progress-with-the-Alle...

For everyone with the low volume/speaker problem, even if you know higher level tech support people at Verizon, if you have not already done so, could you please call in a problem report to the low level tech support people? And/or could you reply to my post with a brief report about how you too experience the low volume/speaker problem?

Thanks. Hope everyone is enjoying the other aspects of their phones...

0 Likes
vtbobm

I've just switched to the DROID X from the BB Tour... wow am i disappointed in the speaker capabilities!!  Pandora is almost unusable with this 'multimedia phone'.  Quite a disappointment.

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

i am hopeing i am wrong about this  but i think it might be designed and hardware problem

i was comparing the designed of droid 1 to droid x and in droid 1 the speakers is pushed back and longer so sound could travel better  as in the X  itz flat 

anyways i i made some vidoe, to show vzw there is a problem

youtube: magicswebpage

0 Likes