Voicemail Access on the Droid X
captsank

I have a problem with my voicemail access on the Droid X.  My normal access number will dial however the Android system does not seem to recognize the pauses and password which is programmed into my phone.  Does anybody have a fix for this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Access on the Droid X
andrewbarron
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting.  On the BB, you could program in a pause and then it would shoot the access code.  You're right...I went to Call Settings and tried to add a pause to the *86 that is in the Voicemail settings.  Question is though...what is the symbol for "pause"....a comma?

0 Likes
Voicemail Access on the Droid X
captsank

The comma is what appears when you program in a pause.  There must be some internal conflict with the Android software.  I called Verizon Tech Support and the individual who took my call could only come up with duh, duh, duh, duh, and then said no one has called in about that problem, and there is no fix they are aware of.

0 Likes
andrewbarron
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup...nothing in the DX users guide either about programming in a pause.  Granted the minor inconvienince of having to put in my four digit code and a # sign is virtually nothing, but it's a nice thing regardless.  We'll see then...

0 Likes
rlbtn4171

had the same problem, coming over from BB... Here is what I have found... You can do it (adding the pauses) by editing the number in the contacts list...  You MUST change the keyboard layout to multi-tap.....there u will find the pause and wait keys...... The only thing about doing this is that in order to use this feature is that u have to go into contacts and select Voice Mail... You cannot use the Voice Mail Icon on the home screen...  It is proprietary... I noticed the two little buttons at the bottom of the screen...(call voice mail) and (Subscibe to Visual Voice Mail)... Guess what.. If you subscribe to Visual Voice Mail you can use the Voice Mail Button on the home screen and not have to enter the paswword everyime....  Con: 2.99  month.... I subscribed to see how it works... Nice little feature.... shows who left the voice mail what time. etc....

Now there is an article over on the Motorola site about how to use the pause and wait features... I found it and wished I had bookmarked it....Do a search on "adding pause to dialing" in the support forums for Droid X... There are a few, but one had detailed instructions with pictures...

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2

I added 4 semi-colons (:smileywink: and my password and the # sign on my Voicemail phone contacts and now it prompts me if I want to send the tones after it answers. 

Hope this helps

0 Likes