Video not playing (mp4, Youtube, etc.)
nbraptor2005

Video stopped playing on my Droid recently.  Like, all video.  Youtube, mp4s, etc.  I think it might have something to do with the 2.2 update, because it started happening shortly after I received the update.  The error message I receive is:

Sorry, this video cannot be played.

There was a problem while playing.

These are video types that are supposed to be supported by Droid and were in the past.  What can I do to fix this?  Are there any other Droid owners experiencing this since the update?

0 Likes
Re: Video not playing (mp4, Youtube, etc.)
RiesVA

I am having this same problem.  It started right after my Android OS update to 2.2.  My MP4 video used to play but now none of them do.  They were recorded in Sony PSP format and they play on both a PSP or an iTouch!  I am searching the web looking for answers.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
It doesn't seem to be universal... I have just about all file types and they work fine after 2.2

Try doing a soft reset, and if that doesn't work try a hard reset.
0 Likes
grimcatnip

has anyone been able to solve this problem?   I did a soft and hard boot up for my phone and I still can't see my videos.  I just get told it cannot play the video.  And same for me.  It happened right after the Android 2.2 update for my motorola droid.

0 Likes
D_Impossible

I'm having the same issue.

Video formats (i.e. mp4) which previously played prior to 2.2 update, are no longer viewable.. This is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed as the previous formats that were stated to be supported in the original DROID specs. are no longer supported- Is this an Update or a Downdate!!!

0 Likes
grimcatnip

Are there any formats even supported or did just videos in general stop working after this update.  I still can't get anything to run.  

0 Likes
Crotalusa

Has anyone figured this out yet.  It is very frustrating.  I did both hard and soft reset to no avail.  Youtube works just not any mp4 or wmv videos.

0 Likes
slim1977

Having the problem since the update. Youtube worked fine before, now nothing.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have mp4 videos and they are working fine...

What video player are you using... I suggest Video Player by android code monkeys
0 Likes
UMFootball1989

I downloaded this, and when i open it i get a blank black screen

0 Likes