Vibration not working at all since the 2.2 update
BDawg866
Enthusiast - Level 3

So is anyone else experiencing this here? I've read about it on other forums but didn't see a whole lot about it here. My phone won't vibrate at all since I performed the update. I've seen where other people are having the problem of their phone only vibrating and not ringing, but mine only rings and then does nothing when the ringer is off. I read what causes the vibration only, which makes me wonder if my problem could be related to this as well.

0 Likes
Re: Vibration not working at all since the 2.2 update
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello BDawg866. I have read your post and understand your frustration for your device not vibrating after you received the 2.2 update. On your phone go to Settings > Sound > make sure Vibrate isn't on Never. You can also try to reset your device.

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Select "reboot Phone"

5. Allow the reboot process to complete until phone completely powers up

***Performing a hard reset will remove ALLdata including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.***

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Did you try going under Settings/Sound and make sure you have vibrate always checked... Also all message alert give option to select vibration ON and OFF for each account.

device.png2.png

0 Likes
BDawg866
Enthusiast - Level 3

I checked every vibration setting on the phone. They're all on. I also have done the factory reset twice. After posting, I got to thinking and the vibration was working on Friday night, which was after the update. So, I think I'm mistaken that it was the update that did it. Anyways, I went to a Verizon store today and the guy ordered me a new one. It was interesting that he just took my word for it, my phone never left my hand. I thought it was funny that lady in line next to me was also having problems with her X.

0 Likes