Very unhappy. Ringback tones & $30 upgrade fee on top of the phone!
ashm

I went into the store today to use my upgrade. I was not aware that there was an additional $30 upgrade fee! What is that even about? Shouldn't that be on the phone if you have to pay it anyways? I didn't even notice it until I check the receipt which I received by email. I thought it was kind of high and asked, I was told taxes are really high. Then I notice on my bill I've been being charged for ring back usage that I canceled in store over a year ago and was told I would not be billed for it and they apologized. What nonsense. I am considering going in tomorrow to return and cancel my contract and moving it to another carry.

0 Likes
Re: Very unhappy. Ringback tones & $30 upgrade fee on top of the phone!
sled-dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can understand your ticked off, this has been a hot topic for Verizon for awhile, the upgrade fee, but up to this point, before the upgrade fee communication screw up. How has your service been?

Your right, The rep should have been more clear about the upgrade fee, I believe it has been in effect going on two years now.

My advice, it comes from playing musical carriers, stay put. Let me explain why..

1) I believe all major carriers charge an upgrade fee. I think Verizon's is the cheapest, but do some research, don't just take my word for it.

2) Verizon does have the best coverage, phone and data.

3) THEY ALL ARE PAIN IN THE BEHINDS WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THAT THEY FEEL IS NOT THEIR FAULT.. (smile)

Just my 2 cents