Re: Verizon to offer Droid 2 as replacement?
capvl99

Thanks for the tip.  I had actually thought of that as well, but never tried it.  Maybe I was using the muffled sound as an excuse to trade in for a DROID-2 or DROIDX.  Anyway, I have had 2 people tell me it sounded better when I had the case off.

Maybe I will go get that DROID-2 anyway.....

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Wait for a 4G phone!!! Or bu those now, and get one next year.
0 Likes
rpdl62

Thanks for the update Cobjones. Yes, the Droid uses Google turn by turn voice Navigation and it's free, so I have no need for VZ Navigator. Bummer that I don't have the option of blowing another $119.88 per year for VZ Navigator.

~ God Bless ALL ~

Rob62/rpdl62

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@rpdl62
Haha..

Ohh an just got my 5th phone (first day)... keyboard shakes as if it is loose.
0 Likes
eddiejt

I have the original droid and my wife has a droid 2. They look a bit different. The keyboard is much better, the speed is better, however, I do believe that most of the hardware is the same. I love my droid and would want it replaced with the original one. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with mine. The droid 2 is a very nice phone, I would only upgrade for the speed diference, however, since the 2.2 upgrade mine seems just as quick as hers.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

You can see my post but I am on my 4th Droid 1 and asked if I could pay a reasonable amount to change to the Droid 2 and I was told no.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Just keep complaining they will let you have it for the update price and extend your contract.
0 Likes
sportslovr

I have been to my local Verizon store two times with replacement Droids for myself and they are getting ready to ship another one since none of those worked for me. Plus they also had to send one for my husband. The only good thing about the whole process was the customer service with Brenda at the Beatrice store. She let me make an appointment to get my husband's phone done the next day. She also offered to do my next Droid for me if it was before the Beatrice store closed. I asked if I could get the Droid 2 and she said she was so sorry. She hoped that the next phone would work. She was checking all of the apps that she could and still none of them worked on my phone. My husband can't play mafia wars at all, since the upgrade. WHAT ARE WE TO DO?????????????

0 Likes
rjpride

I'M IN FLORIDA AND JUST BOUGHT THE DROID 1 AT WALMART ON WEDNESDAY

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Good to have you... hope you have good times and not bad.
0 Likes