Verizon be ethical release eris update before incredible!
mashalpha
I was told as where others that update would be in mid march bought two phones eris was promised update in email then told it wasn't comming asked about incredible told only rumor now told if I want 2.1 fastest buy two new incredibles at full price.. so please step up ship it. Instead of excuses and taking our money
0 Likes
Re: Verizon be ethical release eris update before incredible!
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

1. Your English is very broken. You might want to slow down and type a little clearer. Especially if you want your message to be understood and taken seriously.

B. Verizon is only taking your money because you signed a contract to give it to them.

3. I haven't heard them make any excuses. Just statements.

D. Update is sure to come...someday.

5. This isn't a complaining forum. This is an informational forum where we can all help each other and be a community.

This concludes my message.

0 Likes
droiduser153

This may not be a complaining forum but the OP is right.

Overall, I am happy with my Eris. But I was lied to when I went to the local Verizon store to get my Eris. First I was told that the Droid 2.0 software upgrade would be pushed through in March, and it has not been.

I was also told, when I specifically asked this question, that Google Maps had GPS voice controlled directions, and it does not. I previously owned an Alias with VZ Navigator and I used that feature all the time. So I was quite disappointed to find out the Eris did not have it. That is when I was told that Google Maps did the same thing.

And I understand that if and when the new Droid software is sent to the Eris phones, VZ Navigator will be able to be used, but it will cost another $10 a month on top of the $125 I pay now!

You can believe when my contract with Verizon is up, I will be looking for something different.

I don't see my post so much as complaining as I see it as an education for anyone doing any research here. I have to say that I am very disappointed in Verizon with this whole thing.

0 Likes
nonie3234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with the OP, I have an Eris and I'm more than a little upset.

However, if I were allowed by Verizon to upgrade to the Incredible - I would be a happy, happy customer once again!!! 

Please please PLEASE, Big Red, let us trade in our Eris phones for an Incredible! 

0 Likes
OsoPolar
Small correction is needed to your statement. When you get the upgrade to 2.1, you will be able to use Google Navigator...not VZ, and there is no charge to use Google Navigator. I understand that so many people are upset here, but please don't get flustered about something that is not true.
0 Likes
stevhendrickson
When i bought two eris's back on 12/06/09 i bought them because the (moto) droid was two bulky and as a heavy equipment mechanic i didnt want a keyboard to get sand in. I asked when or if the eris would be updated to the same os as the droid. I was told that within the next few weeks it would be. I think that the salesman @ verizon will tell you anything to get the sale. Had i of known it would of been this long i would of got a droid or jumped ship and got a iphone. Live and learn that saleman are for the most part scum. Not all of them just the majority. Its been to long on the 2.1 update. I will wait this contract for a year and then go to a iphone and get away from verizon and there staff. If they have the iphone ill find somethine else.
0 Likes
wec

I concur, everyone should complain about the underhanded deal we got from Verizon and HTC – it smacks of false advertisement.  By the way, it is illegal for companies to misrepresent their product.   

In my case, deciding between the Motorola and the HTC Eris Droids was difficult.  I was not ready  to fork out 200+ dollars for a new cell phone; however, I didn’t want to buy something that was running an obsolete OS either.   At the time, I was also considering other carrier offers.  In the end, the Verizon sales representatives’  swayed me to the Eris by telling me that the Eris, which currently runs 1.5, would be getting an over-the-air upgrade to 2.1 in a couple of weeks.  I really wanted Google-turn-by-turn and some of the other features on the Moto but the promise of an upgrade and the 79-dollar price tag was too good to pass up. 

Here I am months later, no Google-turn-by-turn, no 2.1, and **bleep** off.  Verizon got their money, HTC got their money, and I was lied to.  If you are reading this Verizon and HTC, I have been bragging about and pushing your products for years…  Guess what, not anymore.  Two years from now, when my family and I come up for renewal, I will remember how Verizon and HTC handled this situation and it will weigh heavily in my decision to stay with Verizon.  It will also factor in how I interpret the bull**bleep** the sales people try to spin on us.

0 Likes
rinterstate

Well here we Apr.19 and yet NO 2.1 update! No more recommending Verizon or the droids for me. Very disappointed in Verizon.

0 Likes
bkratzer83

4/16/10 5:11 PM 2 days ago

Good Afternoon, Mister kratzer, this is Liz calling from verizon wireless, Executive Relations. I walked checked up on the
  Troy terraced update for you and the plan was to reallysay within the first quarter,
  but there was some issues with the test software so we wanna make sure that it's good to go
  and up for standard up to standard, I'm sorry before werelease it, so we do not.
  There's going to be a software update, we just don't have the date, so if something comes up alright.
  I am gonna be keeping your number and your information so that I can give you a call. Thanks and have a good day.

this is the google voice transcript  so excuse any misspellings

and here is the actual voice mail 

0 Likes
IFLATLINEI

Really? So with everything that you could complain about your picking the update as a reason to not recommend Verizon or the Droid? Considering what Droid 1.5 can do I dont see anything in the 2.1 update that would warrant such an attitude. Some of you really need to get a grip.

Im itching to get Google Navigation but its not life or death. Plus I know its coming and when it does I want everything to work right. So if they need to take some time to make sure then so be it.

0 Likes