Verizon Yahoo home email account not accepted by Droid
blackandgold

I'm not a techie, but I have tried repeatedly & cannot get Droid to accept my Verizon email account whose POP & SMTP is "incoming.yahoo.verizon.net" & "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net"  Droid keeps telling me that my user ID is wrong or that it cannot access the server.  I see that other folks had issues with email.  I set up my work Blackberry with my home email very smoothly.  don't know why this is a big deal.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Yahoo home email account not accepted by Droid
jimbot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a yahoo.com email account this procedure worked for me.

Type in your login name (with @yahoo.com) and your password. Do not hit enter

go to manual setup and select IMAP change imap server to: imap.mail.yahoo.com

go to end and hit next button

find SMTP server change to: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Go to NEXT or whatever you should be just about done....set your preferences and good luck!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jlynn74

I know for a fact that the Droid will not work with yahoo right now. I think they are going to fix it in a December 11th bug fix.

This is probably why the droid will not accept those servers - but the question I would have is why verizon is using Yahoo servers? Weird.

0 Likes
jimbot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a yahoo.com email account this procedure worked for me.

Type in your login name (with @yahoo.com) and your password. Do not hit enter

go to manual setup and select IMAP change imap server to: imap.mail.yahoo.com

go to end and hit next button

find SMTP server change to: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Go to NEXT or whatever you should be just about done....set your preferences and good luck!!!

0 Likes
callmemarc
Enthusiast - Level 3

You also need to have Wi-Fi disabled when you set up the Yahoo account.  Once you have it set up you can turn Wi-Fi back on.  it absolutely DOES work.

0 Likes
blackandgold

jimbot:

Thanks.  So here's what Id did:

USER NAME (everything before @)

Password

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

I tested it & I did recieve the test email.  Now I'm waiting to see if Droid will bring over my old emails & contacts (still loading).

Also, you do have to turn off the WiFi. 

0 Likes
jimbot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I set up my yahoo b4 i set up my wifi so this makes perfect sence. Glad to hear that your set up.

0 Likes
cosmic

Jimbot-

Maybe same will work for my Verizon "regular" (@verizon.net) email?  I use Outlook 2007 for my verizon email- it "pulls" the email from the verizon server and it is set up so it does not leave a cy on the server.  Works fine- probably pop3 or something.

I'd like to be able to at least view/read my verizon email inbox via my Droid when I am away from home/computer and my Outlook is not running.  I haven't tried setting this up on my Droid yet because I'm trying to find out if, somewhere in the manul setup, they is an option to leave the email on the verizon server so that when I get home and fire up my Outlook and it pulls my email from Verizon all of my incoming emails are still there, even though I may have already viewed/read some of them on my Droid earlier.

Sure, I can read my verizon email on the droid by opening the Browser, going to the Verizon email webpage, entering my username and password and then clicking on Inbox on the webpage but that is a bit tedious.  It should be as easy as the Gmail inbox.

Any thoughts on this?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Tecnelly

This is AWESOME!  Thank you so much!  I was so bummed that I couldn't get my Yahoo email to work with my Droid and I didn't want to go through the hassle of changing everything to Gmail.  Your instructions worked great and I now have easy access to my Yahoo account.  Lovin' the Droid so much more now!!!

0 Likes
Laytimator

blackandgold wrote:

jimbot:

Thanks.  So here's what Id did:

USER NAME (everything before @)

Password

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

I tested it & I did recieve the test email.  Now I'm waiting to see if Droid will bring over my old emails & contacts (still loading).

Also, you do have to turn off the WiFi. 

Where you putting the server info in?  When I put info in for user name and password, I have to choose IMAP, POP, or exchange account. 

0 Likes
cmamma

Can somebody help me?  I've tried this and it tells me it cannot connect to server.  I don't get how I can't add my new account but I was able to add my old verizon account.  It keeps telling me my username or password is incorrect. When I try the fix that is posted here, it tells me it cannot connect to the server.  :smileysad:

0 Likes