Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant on computer frozen.
SL_64

- Phone wouldn't do a system upgrade via wifi, so I downloaded Verizon Wireless Software Assistant on laptop.

- Plugged phone in USB drive and the Assistant started upgrading. It started doing something & it downloaded a couple of drivers.

- Then it seems to have gotten stuck, aka frozen.  Software assistant says it's upgrading, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

- Phone screen is on the black background/system screen with DOS-like info.  Top line says "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)".  The Boot Mode Selection Menu has a blue highlight line on "Normal Powerup".

How long do I wait to see if it's actually still upgrading? The Software Assistant on the laptop doesn't show any progress.

- S

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant on computer frozen.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SL_64! Let's get down to the bottom of this for you! How long has the update been trying to go through? The time can vary, depending upon the speed of your internet connection. I would allow it to update without any use, if possible. Let's give it 1-2 hours to attempt to go through. If still no success, unplug, power off the phone to reset, and try again. Keep us posted. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes