Re: Verizon Text Message About Froyo
poe_diddley

i got the same message on monday and so far no actual update. just about to give in and do it manually, but not sure how i feel about that...

0 Likes
MattO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just downloaded Adobe Flash 10.1 from the Market.

0 Likes
rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the text message the original poster received, "Free VZW Msg. Your Droid Incredible was sent the Android 2.2 software update including Adobe Flash 10.1. Click for more info: http://droiddoes.com/2.2i" was sent to all DINC owner's who had ALREADY received the 2.2 update. If you read the message carefully that's what it says. I don't think it was meant to imply that you would be getting it. I had already received the 2.2 update and I got the same text message. I also received a similar e-mail from VZW. There have been some folks who had received the 2.2 update notification only to postpone the update and then when they went to "menu/About Phone/System updates" it said their phone was already up to date with 2.1 still installed. The update seemed to have vanished. These folks most likely got the text message as well because as far as VZW was concerned the update was pushed to their phone even though they may never actually installed it. This explains why when people called VZW tech support about the message they were clueless; the message was not meant to suggest you will be getting the 2.2 update but rather it was already sent to you. Why VZW felt the need to send that text message as well as the similarly useless e-mail I don't have a clue. I never received a text message from VZW prior to receiving the actual 2.2 update telling me I would be getting it; it just showed up one morning and I was able to postpone the install until I got home from work.

0 Likes