VZNavigator Price
NVaZN

I am looking at changing calling features and notice two options for VZNavigator but was wondering what the difference is other than price?

VZ Navigator    

GPS on your mobile phone includes heads-up, voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, auto-rerouting, local search in the U.S.A., and color maps.
  Tell me more

$9.99 /mo

VZ Navigator  

For a limited time, try VZ Navigator with Real-Time Traffic FREE* for 30-Days and then pay only $2/month after.
  Tell me more

$2.00 /mo

0 Likes
Re: VZNavigator Price
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks to me like they're having a fire sale:

https://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_navigator

Probably because most people use Google Maps.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I agree. I would guess most people on Android use Google Navigation. It's pretty accurate, and you can use voice commands so you don't have to type while driving.

Although, this Real-Time Traffic feature might be well worth the small charge. I wonder if it's like BlackBerry Traffic, where you can get ETA based on traffic conditions, then message it to a contact with a tap.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Real-time traffic would only benefit me if I were traveling (I don't live in a major metropolitan area), so I haven't investigated it.  I could see how it could be beneficial, though, to folks in major urban areas, depending, as you say, on how it works.  For my uses, Google Maps/Navigation works well (and, for those of us who are frugal, it's free. ).

0 Likes
dr154

From my understanding, the $9.99 VZNavigator is for the basic phones owners and the $2 VZNavigator is a promotional price for smartphones owners. If now of this help, just contact customer service from you wireless phone by dialing 611 or from a landline phone 800-922-0204.

0 Likes
NVaZN

I am currently on the 9.99 plan using a smartphone. Just trying to find out what the difference in the plans are.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Why not use Google maps which is free?

0 Likes
dr154

It's Verizon way to get you interested in their product instead of the competitions.

0 Likes
NVaZN

I use both, but to be honest Google Navigation has gotten me lost on several occasions. It has not been very accurate for me and that's if it works at all. Maps works in determining my location but using the Google Navigation I consistently receive Searching for GPS. 

0 Likes
NVaZN

Thank you all for the assistance. I contacted Verizon via chat support and was switched to the $2.00 a month plan. I was going to do this originally but wanted to see if there was anyone who already had experience with the plan  to see if there was any difference other than the cost. It appears this is a promotion for the VZNavigator unlimited plan. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't for 24 hours or a weeks worth of use.

As for Google Navigation, i'll continue to use it every now and then to see if things improve as I have been, but I have the same issues on both my work and personal Android phones as far as reliability and accuracy go. It doesn't even list the correct name for my street. I've been using VZNavigator for about eight years and it has rarely let me down. Although I would prefer it was included with a data plan, it's worth the now $2.00 a month to me.

0 Likes