VETERANS AND DISCOUNT
scottshad

I was told if you are a veteran that Verizon will give a 15% discount.

If this is true, what is the 15% given on?

I have smart phone (droid) so would give it me a discount on my monthly rate? Data Plan?

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VETERANS AND DISCOUNT
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

In our commitment to support the men and women who serve our country, the following is the government employee discount to all Military Veterans.  

• 15% discount applicable to consumer calling plans with monthly access of $34.99 and above. 
  • Eligible for a 25% discount on all accessories. 
  • A $35 activation fee applies with a one or two-year Customer Agreement.  
  • You must provide a copy of a Department of Defense form 214 or a WD AGO 5355.
    • These are certificates of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
    • They list your name, dates of service and branch of service.
    • The  DD 214  and WD AGO 5355 are also commonly referred to as "Discharge Papers."
  • You can blacken out the social security number before sending copy. 

You may obtain a DD 214 or a WD AGO 5355 by visiting the National Archives Website: http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

Thank You 

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
This is just from what I have read and seen. I believe Verizon only give discounts on the voice plan. Separate messaging plans and data plans are not discounted. If you had a talk & text plan that would eligible for a discount. There is a link at the top of the website for company discount. The information should be there. You can also search the other sections of the community. It has been discussed before.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

In our commitment to support the men and women who serve our country, the following is the government employee discount to all Military Veterans.  

• 15% discount applicable to consumer calling plans with monthly access of $34.99 and above. 
  • Eligible for a 25% discount on all accessories. 
  • A $35 activation fee applies with a one or two-year Customer Agreement.  
  • You must provide a copy of a Department of Defense form 214 or a WD AGO 5355.
    • These are certificates of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
    • They list your name, dates of service and branch of service.
    • The  DD 214  and WD AGO 5355 are also commonly referred to as "Discharge Papers."
  • You can blacken out the social security number before sending copy. 

You may obtain a DD 214 or a WD AGO 5355 by visiting the National Archives Website: http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

Thank You 

alathea

I went to a corporate store today to initiate this. My wife bought our Iphones and transferred our service Saturday, through Best Buy. The Verizon representative told me that in order to use my veteran discount we would 1. have to cancel her account, and redo it all under my name, 2. that this would void the warranties on our phones (1 day old) because the warranty is not transferrable.

She is employed out of our home, and very part time at her old job. I pay for everything, pretty much, bill wise, and she was the one that got the phones from BB.

What the representative told me at Verizon sounded a bit out of place. Is it really that difficult? If it all had to be in my name from the start, why did the BB/Verizon representative let her buy the phones, after she told him that we were seeking a veteran discount, and he had the papers from her in hand-and he attempted to process it, but told her we'd need to do it at a corporate store not a retailer?

0 Likes
bestech

Does the Veterans Discount apply to Month to Month Plans, or is a 2 Yr Contract required? Will a Veterans ID Card work, it lists this as proof on verizonwireless.com/getdiscount

Thanks!

0 Likes
bestech

Does the Veterans Discount apply to Month to Month Plans, or is a 2 Yr Contract required? Will a Veterans ID Card work, it lists this as proof on verizonwireless.com/getdiscount

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

define month to month?

If you are talking prepaid then no.

If you are talking postpaid, but you are out of contract then yes.  My lines have been out of contract for the past 6 years and they have never taken my discount away Smiley Happy