Using a non-US SIM while Overseas
ZeeKhan

Hi guys, I will be going to Pakistan soon. Last time i went there i had my Droid Incredible, which was kind of useless there since i didn' want to go through the whole hassle of flashing it and getting the CDMA service over there.

I have been looking at the Droid 3 and im willing to make the upgrade if i can get this one issue taken care of. Can i Buy a SIM from Pakistan to use in the Droid 3?

I will be using verizon in the states of course. The cost is way to cheap to not be concerned about the calling plans in Pakistan, so i thought i might be able to save some money by just using their service. Any thoughts or info. I tried looking this up but coudln't find any Info on this in the forums. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using a non-US SIM while Overseas
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I believe you need an active Verizon account and it needs to have been active for some time before you can request the SIM unlock. Other users on this are more familiar with the details than I am.

Call their global support at 1-908-559-4899 for specific information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You would have get the Droid 3 unlocked for the SIM card. There are some account requirements before you can get the phone SIM unlocked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ZeeKhan

what type of changes to the account?? and is it going to cost me anything extra?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I believe you need an active Verizon account and it needs to have been active for some time before you can request the SIM unlock. Other users on this are more familiar with the details than I am.

Call their global support at 1-908-559-4899 for specific information.

0 Likes
Not applicable

ZeeKhan, thanks for your inquiry about using a non-US SIM card. Thanks Ann for providing the Global Roaming support number. While in the US you can call 800-711-8300 to contact Global Services for an unlock code. 

The requirements to have a SIM unlocked are:

• Must be a Verizon Wireless customer. Verizon Wireless only unlocks devices for Verizon Wireless customers.
  • The device being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
    • Exception: If a customer has upgraded to a new device, the previous global device that was on the line of service can have a 3G SIM Unlock processed.
  • The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
  • The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
    • Good standing is defined as:  
      • Balance must be current.
      • No Service suspensions or hotlines in the past 60 days.
0 Likes