Upgrade to Droid before 2-yr contract is up
kcolly

Ok, so today I went to Verizon to check out the new Droid and the verizon rep told me I could update on Nov 30th but I wouldn't get a 50 dollar discount on the phone if i did. I've only had the voyager for a year and Nov 30th will be a year, my question is will I be able to get the droid at the 2yr contract price if I extend my contract then? Or would I have to pay full retain price? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to Droid before 2-yr contract is up
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

You will get it for the 2 year price of $199. You will be charged a $20 early upgrade fee.

Your contract will extend out 2 years from the time you get it. You will lose your New Every Two discount. Early Termination fees go from your current $175 to $350.... so be sure you like your droid in that 30 day period.

0 Likes
CouchBurner

So did you get the Drodd and if so do you like it and do you ahve any trouble witht he 3G network in and around Morgantown?

My plan with my carrier is up at the end of the month and thinking about switching to Verizon and the Droid. Curious about the 3G in Motown.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Couchburner,

I am from Charleston, WV and have the Droid phone.  My phone gets excellent coverage in the Charleston area.  I traveled up to Morgantown for the WVU-PITT game nd my phone worked great.  I did not have problems with losing covearge.  I also had 3G in most of the area, of course that was around the WVU field.  This phone is way awesome.

0 Likes