Updated to 2.2 on Droid X, Now Problems
matteo90
The other night my phone prompted me to update to the new Phone OS and I said ok. I let my phone update itself but I did not get an update successful or update failed message. Im guessing it was successful because when I go to phone info it says im running the new OS. But now I am having problems with my phone

1. Can't send or receive text messages
2. Can receive calls but it wont let me make calls.
3. The marketplace wont update any of the apps, it just continues to say download starting
4. I can still go on the web.
5. I can't access my photos
6. Some apps will open and some wont.
7. The camera will open sometimes. But other times it will auto close itself.
8. On the messaging window it shows the boxes constantly loading. Same with the window where you can turn on/off wifi airplain or silent mode. In the boxes it shows the loading circle.
9. It finally let's me play music but they only have the song titles now. Unknown artist and albums now.
10. My phone keeps restartin itself, it will turn off, then back on several times a day

Now I talked to a Verizon person and they said told me to do a factory reset. Well I tried to do that and nothin happened. I make it to the erase everything option and then I hit that button and nothing happens.

Now I am hoping someone out there can be more help to me than useless Verizon people are.
0 Likes
Re: Updated to 2.2 on Droid X, Now Problems
roadrunr

I had some problems after the 2.2 update-couldn`t figure it out.

Long story short-went to Vz sore and service guy pulled out the battery and reinstalled-he said it was like a reboot.

works great now.

mike

0 Likes
QC

Hi, I also having the phone lock up after OTA 2.2 It gets stuck on the Motorola boot screen and the only way to fix it is to pull the battery I did call Verizon and they said that they are aware of the Problem and am working with Motorola on fix for it

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

We can try a hard reset another way through the physical buttons. Here are the steps listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

Once you have done this it should help resolve some of the issues.

0 Likes
jojobee
I had probe after I updated the 2.2. Music or pandora wldnt play. Took it to the store& pulled batter and card out, it worked for several hours but then it did the same thing so I removed and placed the battery. Its working for now but this 2.2 sucks. Hate it. Never had prob b4 so if it cont im gonna ask for a new phone.
0 Likes
kujirasan

For people who have the problem of gettng stuck at the 'M' logo during a boot........I've had this happen 2 times already.

1) Don't listen to Verizon Tech Support, they'll have you datawipe/factory reset your device and you'll lose all ur apps and configurations.  Go to next step.

2) Take the battery out of the phone

3) put both phone and battery in the freezer...wait 4 or 5 min

4) take out the phone and battery from the freezer and put the battery in the phone and fire it up.  This has worked 2 times for me so far.

This should work!

0 Likes
rickwhoo

You must be a complete fool to tell people to put a phone in the freezer. Dont do this, it could damage your phone. Just do a battery pull and see if it helps. If not just call Verizon, they will help you.

0 Likes