Re: Updated, now won't boot
dman45x

Hi all,

Day 3 with my X 2.2 pre-installed......instead of the once a day battery pull, M screen, OTA 2.2 installed Driod X.  NO PROBLEMS.  Could there be a glitch with the OTA 2.2?  I don't know.....Could be a glitch with applications....I don't know......could it be a software overheating issue......I don't....I mean FOLLLLLY.   My recommendation......go get a 2.2 pre-installed Droid X....no issues and I have all the same apps installed as my OTA 2.2 Droid X

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
The issue sounds to me like some sort of persistent data that hangs around even after a, data reset. Thus, with a factory install, that days isn't there. Plus, they get booted up before they leave Motorola so less chance of a wonky one.
0 Likes
GShelton

dman45x wrote:

Hi All,

First... that overheating issue is folly.....I battery pull, soft reset, and hard reset and if there was an issue of the software indicating the phone was hot it would happen consistently....From my previous post.....from my experience.....pandora hangs my phone on the M screen....that is the only application so far that I have seen that does that.....I am starting to believe apps do this to the phone.

Really? A folly? Have you read this thread? I rebooted (or attempted to reboot it) HUNDREDS of times! It would not boot. Not by battery pull, soft or hard reset. Not after a total data wipe. 10 minutes in the freezer and it booted like a champ. No folly!

0 Likes
dman45x

Hello,

Why....yes I did read the thread......with my 2.2 OTA......every time it would show me the Moto screen I would drive around the block and it rebooted....hundreds of times.....silly man.....good way to void the warranty as well.  But if it worked for you....fantastic.  If my new droid x does the same thing I will make a replica voodoo doll of my droid and prick it until the moto screen goes away....should work hundreds of times..... 

0 Likes
GShelton

dman45x wrote:

Hello,

Why....yes I did read the thread......with my 2.2 OTA......every time it would show me the Moto screen I would drive around the block and it rebooted....hundreds of times.....silly man.....good way to void the warranty as well.  But if it worked for you....fantastic.  If my new droid x does the same thing I will make a replica voodoo doll of my droid and prick it until the moto screen goes away....should work hundreds of times..... 

Again, you need to READ what I posted. The phone would NOT boot the hundreds of times that I tried. And that is no exageration. It booted each time it came out of the freezer.

So, room temp, no boot everytime.

Cold, boot, EVERYTIME!

Build your voodoo doll, maybe it will help you read and comprehend what you read.

And no way is putting the phone in the freezer going to void the warranty. It was not colder than a winter day. So taking your phone outdoor in Minnesota in February is going to void your warranty?

0 Likes
dman45x

Awesome....I am glad it is working you......my point here is.... go get a 2.2 pre-install if your within your 30 days, pay to get the 2.2 pre-install or move to the arctic circle where you don't have to put the battery in the freezer or hope for a perpetual freeze in Minnesota.  I live in Arizona (hot)......no problems booting.....lol.

0 Likes
dman45x

or wait for a software fix...my friend

0 Likes
Armored

I found this on a Motorola support forum.  It discusses several problems I have seen on the discussion board here.  If the website is reliable then it appears they are working on some software fixes.  Note the stuck on Moto M is the first one they mention but all are issues that need to be fixed.  Software problems happen.  I feel better when they are identified as global problems that the developer takes ownership and fixes the bugs. 

"If you have already upgraded to 2.2 for Droid X, you have found some new capabilities. Unfortunately, some owners also found new issues.  Here are some of the known issues raised by forums members, with some information about each. It is not intended to be a complete list at this time -- there are many more fixes and improvements in the works. I’ll update this list as information becomes available.

• Stuck on Moto logo after reboot – this was tough on a few owners. Very sorry about that. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release. If you are still experiencing this issue, click here.

• Random rebooting – while there always seem to be new conditions that can cause an electronic device to panic, we do have improvements coming that address and eliminate identified panic states. They will be distributed in a future software release.

• WiFi connection and stability – improvements in WiFi have been developed, to address several problem areas. They will be distributed in a future software release.

• Battery Manager “force close” errors – under some circumstances, pressing the battery icon under Menu > Settings > Battery Manager results in a forced close error. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release.

• Media won’t playincludes “sorry the player does not support this type of audio file," custom ringtone stop working, video won’t play, etc., until after a reboot. We believe we have identified the cause of these errors. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release.

• Music files cutting off the final four seconds or so – a solution has been developed. It will be distributed in a future software release."

At this time I don't have information about when the next software update will be available -- when I have it, I'll share it here.

0 Likes
yellgeek

After multiple reboots, clear cache's, and battery pulls with no luck, I was just about to give up.  I tried to turn it on the normal way and it worked. This whole thing is pretty ridiculous, and I will still be reporting this to Technical Support.  But if you keep trying, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Not rooted user. 

0 Likes