Re: Updated, now won't boot
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I just randomly mentioned this thread to my wife who has the original droid and might, maybe, hopefully have a solution for y'all. She said that sometimes, if she just pushes the power button, it will hang on the dreaded M screen. When that happens, she can hold the power button until the phone gets past that screen, and it boots fine. And, imho, a factory reset after an update never hurts. Good luck, all, hope this helps.
0 Likes
Scotslad007

OK, it seems the battery has to sit out for at least 5 mins.  I did get the reset menu and tried a cache wipe, rebooted and no change still on logo.  Tried removing battery and getting back to menu but no luck so removing battery for longer and about to do a factory wipe... will post results.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

BubbaGman wrote:

Okay my phone is NOW working after the umpteenth battery cycle.  Not gonna touch it until someone can tell us what is causing the power cycle issues and how to remedy.  Wonder if there is a way to force reinstall?

HOW MANY USERS ARE DOING A HARD RESET OF DEVICE BEFORE DOING UPDATE BECAUSE I BELIEVE ITS A UNCOMPATIBLE 2.1 APP CAUSING ISSUE???

I have came to the conclusion that this issue is being generated from the number of apps installed on device that may not be compatible with 2.2, not all apps on the market has been verified as 2.2 verified, also now I am starting to think 2.2 does not play well with the task killer apps either.  Since I hard reset my device and installed only the required apps I seen that was truly needed I haven't had any issues.

0 Likes
Scotslad007

OK update from my attempts.  I basically went through the reset menu, trying reboot, to wipe cache and now format all with SD card removed and still "the logo".  Phone works because I can call to it BUT will not move beyond logo.  The only things I have loaded have been from Market Place.

Guess I will try and do another format but from my google searches this is happening to lots of Droids' so we'll see how this plays out tomorrow.

0 Likes
ATLTD25

Same Issue.

Not Rooted.

Did a reset of cache and tried to reboot but with no luck.

This is slightly rediculous. Wonder if this was the issue that cause the delay to the very last day of summer.

0 Likes
decker2k01

Just dump this POS and go to the EVO.  I've had it with both Verizon and Motorola!

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

decker2k01 wrote:

Just dump this POS and go to the EVO.  I've had it with both Verizon and Motorola!

Really?  That's what you have to add on your only post here?  That's reasonable!   Not too many people can/will just jump ship to sprint, who's coverage areas are as sad or worse than Tmobile.  Sprint and EVO who have just as many issues with their device as anyone on any other carrier. 

Maybe you can explain what makes the X a "POS" and what Verizon and Moto did to you?  Maybe that would have elicited a bit more of a thoughtful discussion and replies to your very well thought out post Decker.

dj.

0 Likes
GHuestis

Hey guys,  I have had the exact same problem as you. Update, reboot, lets me see it is at 2.2. I go to install some of the nice apps I used with 2.1 reboot my Droid X then...crap....I get the M symbol...nothing more.

I think that person who posted that some of the apps we have installed from the Market are not playing nice with 2.2.

I took my X to Verizon today, and the tech guy told me I needed to reinstall the 2.2 software manually (I would if could locate an official down load file). I updated mine without the battery being full charged. He thinks it could have caused a software glitch that is causing these problems?????

I think that their are several apps that are not playing nice with 2.2???? Or at least it seem so. 

I have my phone back up and running "well" but I am afraid to cycle the power for fear it will not reboot. So for the mean time  I am just keeping it on 24/7 and charging it as needed. I am an RN and I use my phone a lot daily for calls, txts and emails. I get my work emails a lot of them every day and have to be able to respond back. 

Could it be that the OS didn't install properly due to not having the battery fully powered up. I was out having dinner and drinks when I got the notification that I had an update. Didn't realize it was Froyo 2.2 until after I accepted the update (duh).

Anyone know how to get the software to manually update the phone? I mean the official software. I'm not root and don't plan to either. I'm thinking maybe if I reinstall the OS by transferring the update.zip to my SD card it might fix the problem???

What do you guys and girls think???

GHuestis

0 Likes
gator1
Contributor - Level 1

Curtterp mentioned something in another post that has me wondering.  I downloaded the update via WiFi and had none of these problems.  I'm just wondering out load if anyone who is experiencing the boot problem downloaded over WiFi.  I don't know why it would matter but it's just a thought.  Gator

0 Likes
GShelton

I pulled mine via WIFI and am having this issue.

I can not get into the reset menu. I know the phone is booting. I have used my wife's as a visual aid and I can shut the phone down, etc..

I am going to keep playing with this. I am hell bent on beating this. (Mainly because I had to go back to using my old Omnia.)

0 Likes