Updated, now won't boot
GShelton

I did the update. Everything seemed fine. When it rebooted, it will not pass the Moto logo. :smileysad: I have tried removing the battery and turning it back on. I can not get past this.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Updated, now won't boot
DroidXluv
Not sure man. How long did you leave the battery out? What about a factory reset?
0 Likes
GShelton

I have not left the battery out for more than a minute or so. I have had it out now for a couple of minutes and will wait a few more to put it back in.

How does one do a factory reset?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You might want to give it some time, first boots after updates tend to be lengthy.
0 Likes
GShelton

How long? I have left it on the moto logo screen for 15 minutes. :smileysad:

0 Likes
GShelton

Tried to do the factory reset. Nothing. Sits at the same moto logo.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
That does sound kinda long. Give it 20, then you may need to do that factory reset. Google "booting into recovery droid x" and if you can get to the recovery screen, you should be able to do it from there. Unfortunately, all your settings and apps will be gone, but all data on your sd card should be safe.
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Call tech support or take it in. Explain the problem, tell them what you've done, and hopefully they'll replace it.
0 Likes
GShelton

Guess I will be in the local Verizon store in the morning. :smileysad: I can not get it to do anything.

0 Likes
LZealot

I know what you mean now.  I just shut off my phone after playing with froyo 2.2 for a bit and now it doesn't seem to want to start back up.  It's sitting at the moto symbol.  Hmm, I'd be careful about shutting off your phone after updating.  Doesn't seem to like to start twice. 

Anyone else with this problem?

0 Likes