Update Photos in Contacts with Facebook
wynae99

Okay i have a question.... Does anyone know how to get the updated photos that people post on their facebook as profile pictures to update in their contacts???? It's kind of annoying looking at old pictures in my contacts but different pictures on FB... lol... I have asked other Andriod friends and no one seems to know... Please help if you can.. Thanks soooooo much in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Update Photos in Contacts with Facebook
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Mine seem to automatically update from FB, if I don't have a contact picture already set. This all seems to be some new feature that started after the latest s/w update because I never saw this prior to that.  I use TwitterDeck and have links to both twitter & FB .

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Try uninstalling the facebook application and re installing the application. Make sure once you are setting the facebook application back up to choose the option sync with contacts.

To uninstall an application follow the link below to get step by step instructions.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=33937

To reinstall an application follow the link below to get step by step instructions.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=33737

0 Likes
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

You might have to stay in Contacts for a while for all the profiles to be updated.

If that doesn't work, remove the Facebook account from Droid X.  Then add Facebook again to update profile pictures.

Settings -> Accounts -> Facebook

and Remove account

Check Contacts to see if the pictures are gone, then go back and add the Facebook account to restore the profiles.

You will have to stay in contacts for a while for the pictures to be updated.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Along this line, is there a way to NOT have Facebook contacts included on my Phone's Contacts?  Is there an option somewhere to prevent FB items to be added to the phone? I don't see such an option in CONTACTS.

thanks

0 Likes
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

Cody21 wrote:

Along this line, is there a way to NOT have Facebook contacts included on my Phone's Contacts?  Is there an option somewhere to prevent FB items to be added to the phone? I don't see such an option in CONTACTS.

thanks

Yes.

Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Facebook

and click on remove account.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

But will I still be able to use FB from the phone if I remove the Account?  (I use TwitterDeck)

Thanks

* Edit .. never mind I see that I can still use FB after doing that >.   !!  thanks

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You would have to reinstall the application to start back using it on the device. You can follow the link listed in the above post, to get step by step instructions on how to re install an application back on your device.

0 Likes