Unwanted WiFi, probably simple answer
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

My phone is usually kept at Wi-Fi, I hardly  turn it off. But what about in those cases, when I look at my phone in an area where I am not usually around, and that **bleep** Optimum Online Wifi pops up, asking for a username and password? I cannot get out of it , go to home, and settings, and check out of WiFi. My phone goes crazy, insisting I put in a password, so, I cannot use my phone until I am out of the area OR, turn of the phone completely and when it turns on, change my settings to NO WIFI before it goes wacko.  So any setting I can do so I don't run into this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Unwanted WiFi, probably simple answer
budone
Legend
What if you uncheck the box under WiFi settings, Network Notifications??

You will still have access to any connections you have approved, but will have to manually look for new connections when needed.
0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1
Franny63,

If you go to your WiFi settings are you able to click and hold the Optimum Online network and choose 'Forget Network?
0 Likes
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

I'm hoping unchecking notifications help. Haven't been in an Optomum wifi area yet so don't know lol. But no when I got to that point where it was asking for a password, no way out. I was stuck unless I turned off the phone or drove out of area.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello franny63! It's been a few days since you last posted. 

I just wanted to touch base with you to make sure you were able to go into the WiFi settings to "forget network".

Please let us know if we can assist you. 

0 Likes
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

yes, see above answer. Haven't really been in an optimum network but maybe I have and unchecking "let me know...." has worked!

0 Likes