Unlocking phone when it rings
clag53

I have a Droid Incredible (with the latest software upgrade). Very often, when the phone is sleeping and I get a call, I cannot answer it. Try as I do in swiping the screen, no matter how I do it, the phone can't be answered. The screen doesn't seem to recognize that I've swiped it. I have no password, just the downward swipe.

0 Likes
Re: Unlocking phone when it rings
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried pressing the menu button? I don't know if it works for the Dinc but it unlocks my HTC eris.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
clag53

I'll try it, but the Incredible is a touchscreen activated unlock system. Thanks

I did find a site forum where most of the respondents said they were given new phones.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Also try toggling the power button.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

also try recalibrating the screen.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
This actually happens to me sometimes also. It's usually when its been idle for hours and hours like when I'm sleeping and its plugged in.
The fix? None really, I just hit the power button twice to get a retry. That usually does the trick.
0 Likes
MARC79
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Hello! This is Noah with Verizon Wireless, I hope you are having a great day. I would be happy to address your post today. 

Lets first try  a soft reset on that device.  Could I get you to power that phone off, remove and replace the battery to do a soft reset on that device?

Then dial *228 send and option 2 once that device is powered back on.  

When answering the phone, make sure you are holding it in the vertical position, if the screen is unresponsive, give it  a light jerk up and down, then swipe to unlock.

0 Likes
malida

I thought I was the only one with this problem.  Especially notice it after I've washed my hands.  Thought it was because no oil in my skin to conduct the heat from my fingers.  Now thinking maybe not!  Perhaps I'll call #228?  How many others have this problem??

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I "solved" this problem by (unbeknownst to me at the time) re-installing The Weather Channel app. Or, to put it another way, I no longer have the problem since re-installing that app. Strangeness indeed.
0 Likes