Unlock bootloader for DroidX not longer on VZ Network
jag28co

According to an statement from VZ regarding the lock bootloader on teh Samsung Galaxy S3 verizon locks the bootloader because they want to protect the experience that another customer has.  Also, VZ claim that it will impact their ability to privide with proper support.  

Verizon Wireless has established a standard of excellence in customer experience with our branded devices and customer service. There is an expectation that if a customer has a question, they can call Verizon Wireless for answers that help them maximize their enjoyment and use of their wireless phone. Depending on the device, an open boot loader could prevent Verizon Wireless from providing the same level of customer experience and support because it would allow users to change the phone or otherwise modify the software and, potentially, negatively impact how the phone connects with the network. The addition of unapproved software could also negatively impact the wireless experience for other customers. It is always a delicate balance for any company to manage the technology choices we make for our branded devices and the requests of a few who may want a different device experience. We always review our technology choices to ensure that we provide the best solution for as many customers as possible.

My DroidX is no longer on VZ network and I do not want to dispose of it since still a great phone. What is the procedure to follow to unlock the bootloader for a device that no longer will impact the VZ Network or recieve support for the device.    As I no longer with VZ my phone belongs to me now.   I want to be able to do whatever I want with it.

0 Likes
Re: Unlock bootloader for DroidX not longer on VZ Network
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then you could take that question to Motorola.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Unlock bootloader for DroidX not longer on VZ Network
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Not to mention that whole statement was just a load of bull (see upcoming dev edition Galaxy SIII)

0 Likes