Re: Uninstalling PreInstalled Applications I will not Use
aleksgollu

I quote ==>

I cant really believe this conversation is still going on... This has been a practice for years and it has became ckear that there isnt much chance of this changing... I really think that was where the manager was going with the conversation.

Motorola Droid X.
Nothing or Anybody is perfect, and once you acknowledge this a number of your issues will seem to vanish

<==

Well, I like the selection of words. They seem to vanish, that is a true acknowledgement that they do not go away...

In fact, problems that you pretend are not there, fester, grow, get worse.

0 Likes
Chubbs
Contributor - Level 1

We all know the "evil doers" will violate the sanctity of Verzons policy and root and defile there once pure phones to get rid of our very necessary Bloatware... But those who take the route of posting on the forum to plead with Big Red to let them legally delete something on there $600 phone, than I think they deserve the chance to express there opinion without a Devils Advocate shooting down "in great detail" every personal opinion they have.

Please let this be a place of free expression, where people can atleast make-believe Verizon monitors for customer inputs.

0 Likes
marsupilami

Do you know if Verizon will force applications on users on the I-Phone as well, or will Apple have enough muscle to prevent them from such behavior?

At ATT this is not a problem - though can't quite make a phone call.

0 Likes
marsupilami

Natashia86 wrote:

Hello aleksgollu! Unfortunately, preinstalled applications can not be removed from the phone. 

Hi Natashia,

You seem to be a Verizon Employee...

Could you please provide us with an official policy from Verizon (and if it applies to by Motorola/Google or Apple) about what level of privacy protection you provide to your phone owners.

Who is forcing applications and application controls onto the phone owners/user. Is it Verizon, is it the hardware manufacurer, is it the operating sytem owner. I do not want to just rely one one manager's statement "aleksgollu" seems to be quoting in this thread.

I know that when I download an application I have to go through a configuration and authorize the applications to have access to GPS etc.. I want to know what other private information verizon/motorola/google allow these applications, in addition to hardcoding these applications to the phone.

E.g. if my GPS is on will CityGuide will be simply given access to my location even if I will never use this application and do not want it to know my location? Will Verizon separately sell my user information to CityID or Blockbuster. Will these compamies based on my location be able to start sending me unwanted SMS messages or other e-mail?

Gettting unsolictied SMS messages has been a problem I have heard repeatedly from friends who use Verizon.

Thanks

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Chubbs wrote:

We all know the "evil doers" will violate the sanctity of Verzons policy and root and defile there once pure phones to get rid of our very necessary Bloatware... But those who take the route of posting on the forum to plead with Big Red to let them legally delete something on there $600 phone, than I think they deserve the chance to express there opinion without a Devils Advocate shooting down "in great detail" every personal opinion they have.

Please let this be a place of free expression, where people can atleast make-believe Verizon monitors for customer inputs.

Lets look at it realistically, they didn't just voice their opinion, they asked for a solution and so many has answered, now just because they are not open to accept the answer given does not change things, I guarantee that if they research ANY forum from YEARS BACK they will see that the same question has been asked and the same answer has been given and I just don't see where asking the same question OVER and OVER again when it has been answered in so many threads already makes any since...  I just don't see this going anywhere..

0 Likes
aleksgollu

marsupilami wrote:

Natashia86 wrote:

Hello aleksgollu! Unfortunately, preinstalled applications can not be removed from the phone. 

Hi Natashia,

Could you please provide us with an official policy from Verizon (and if it applies to by Motorola/Google or Apple) about what level of privacy protection you provide to your phone owners.

Who is forcing applications and application controls onto the phone owners/user. Is it Verizon, is it the hardware manufacurer, is it the operating sytem owner. I do not want to just rely one one manager's statement "aleksgollu" seems to be quoting in this thread.

I know that when I download an application I have to go through a configuration and authorize the applications to have access to GPS etc.. I want to know what other private information verizon/motorola/google allow these applications, in addition to hardcoding these applications to the phone.

E.g. if my GPS is on will CityGuide will be simply given access to my location even if I will never use this application and do not want it to know my location? Will Verizon separately sell my user information to CityID or Blockbuster. Will these compamies based on my location be able to start sending me unwanted SMS messages or other e-mail?

Gettting unsolictied SMS messages has been a problem I have heard repeatedly from friends who use Verizon.

Thanks

Why is Verizon not answering these questions? We know the site is moderated... How can attract I attention to the above questions?

My plant has ROOTs...

I like ROOT cause analysis

Have you read the book ROOTS

{edit for TOS violation}

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

marsupilami wrote:

Hi Natashia,

Thanks

If you never use CityGuide, it will never gain access to your information. Same with Blockbuster and any other bloatware on the phone. You have to USE it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

aleksgollu wrote:

Why is Verizon not answering these questions? We know the site is moderated... How can attract I attention to the above questions?

My plant has ROOTs...

I like ROOT cause analysis

Have you read the book ROOTS

{edit for TOS violation}

Because this site is a peer to peer setup to allow users to share experiances and possible assist other resolve issues that they have already resolved, the moderators are usually just regular users that Verizon has decided to have watch that users are following the rules given by site agreement, the mods will have some information to handle some questions but they are not trained on answering and responding to polices, pricing or development questions.

0 Likes
viking112347
Contributor - Level 1

It has already been confirmed that none of the Verizon "apps" except personal hotspot will be loaded on the Iphone, though they will be available through the App Store,

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Out of curiousity, what is the source that you verified this with because I havent found any information related to what they will load on the up comingdevice.  Care to share?

0 Likes