Unable to send/rec sms or setup menu bar email
xenodrone

my parents just got two of these and I'm an iphone owner myself, but I have some  android experience.

Anyway, when I send a text I get the error message "service not available" the details show "cause code:97 error class: 3"

and when I click the email button on the button and try to set up gmail (gmail works fine through the browser or to download from play) I get another error that says "Warning 503 80383: pin expired" I messed around with my dads for like two hours last night and finally got it to say something different, but still stopped here.

as far as I can tell these are the only two features that aren't working properly.

they have unlimited texting, although they've never had texting on their phones before now.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to send/rec sms or setup menu bar email
karivers

I am getting the same error message when trying to sign in to Gmail using the mail app.

0 Likes
xenodrone

are you able to send/receive text?

0 Likes
karivers

Yes, my issue is with setting up the Gmail account. I hope you get an answer from Verizon.

Message was edited by: Kenneth Rivers Or someone who really knows about the issue, if I find a solution I will post it here.

0 Likes
katelynb708

I am having the same problem. I recently removed the HTC Mail App from my Accounts & Sync because I like the Gmail App better. When I went to add the Gmail App to Accounts & Sync, I got the "503 80383 pin expired" warning when I tried to sign in. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
SAS6079

I am getting the same error message.  Anyone find a work around for this?

0 Likes
damnyou

ok i fixed this i also had the same issue because verizon did not know what to do, i called HTC.

to start off go to settings then to Accounts & Sync and click on add account.

click on the mail icon, then click manual setup.

here u add your email and in the username spot add the same as your email then your password for the account.

In the pop server (mine was a aol account) pop.aol.com

Security type i had ssl server port 110.

Then it brings you too outgoing mail settings this part you add in the grey part you add smtp.aol.com server port should be 25 and that should do it.

0 Likes
katelynb708

Any ideas on how to make it work if you're signing in with a Gmail account?

0 Likes
damnyou

I'm pretty sure that the same goes for Gmail if you follow the same steps and anywhere I put aol.com put in Gmail.com

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What devices are your parents using? Are they still having issues with text messages? I am here to help.

Katrinan_vzw
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes