Unable to e-mail
SkyHawkPA

When trying to reply to e-mail messages (both company and personal e-mails), I get a message that the message was not sent.  Has happened several times.  This is my second Droid 2 Global.  The first one didn't have any trouble replying to e-mail but this one doesn't want to cooperate.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to e-mail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you verified the email incoming and outgoing server settings are correct for mobile devices?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great suggestion Ann154!

Its very inconvenient to not be able to reply to the emails you receive on your device . Are you able to make a data connection? Are you able to get on the internet? Is your device set to a WIFI connection? If so please turn WIFI off and retest. To turn WIFI off menu>settings>wireless &networks> uncheck WIFI.

If none of those suggestions work please remove both email accounts and readd and see if that fixes the situation. Please post with your results.

Thank you

0 Likes
SkyHawkPA

Tried both sets of suggestions (from Ann and Joe).  No luck.  Finally got tired of the uselessness of the Droid and went back again to the store.  WIth help from the store employee,  we downloaded an App (K-9 Mail) to use instead of the software which comes with the Droid and that seems to work.  It's just a little more cumbersome to use.  Thanks for your suggestions.  Just sorry they didn't work.  Now if I could only get texting to work (can only text if I do not use ANY punctuation, indents, or paragraphs.  Can't wait for the next 17 months so I can get something that works as advertised (perhaps an I-phone?)

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

SkyHawkPA, I'm sorry our suggestions did not work for you but I am happy you were able to go to the store to receive assistance and they were able to resolve the messaging/email issue. Now from your post I understand your having issues with punctuation, indents, or paragraphs.  I would suggest clearing the cache. I have listed the steps. 

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).

2. Touch Browser.

3. Touch Menu.

4. Touch More.

5. Touch Settings.

To clear the cache
  1. From the Privacy settings section, touch Clear cache 
  2. Note Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

3. Touch OK.

To clear your cookies

Some cookies contain customized preference and logon information for previously visited websites. Once deleted, the website may prompt for this information again.

1. From the Privacy settings section, touch Clear all cookie data

2. Touch OK.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have honestly never understood how the Browser cache and cookies can affect the keyboard. It more sounds like the keyboard cache or data should be cleared first.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes