Unable to compose text
Fondi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone having problems w/their Droid not allowing them to compose a text message?  When I try, it types anywhere from 15-20 characters then closes out of the message. 

I also just discovered that though I'm powering my phone off, it's powering it's self back on after about 10 minutes.  What's really going on?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to compose text
Fondi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Latacha,

I use the preinstalled service on the phone.   had to go into the store to get it corrected.  I was advised the auto suggest word feature does not work well on the Droid phone.  We turned it off and I've not had problems since. 

Thanks....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
davidrstout

my problem is when i send a text i get message saying it failed /no name i have a droid3

0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Fondi,

Are you able to receive text messages? Are you using the preinstalled messaging application that came on your device or a 3rd party application? If using a 3rd party application, remove this application and retest with the preinstalled one. Are you receiving an error when attempting to send? Have you noticed this happening with only certain contacts or does it happen with everyone?

I also ask that you make sure you have the latest software update installed on your device. For more information regarding the latest software update you can visit this link. Another thing to try is *228 press (Send) and choose option 2. Let us know if you continue to experience difficulties sending text messages.

Thanks,

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fondi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Latacha,

I use the preinstalled service on the phone.   had to go into the store to get it corrected.  I was advised the auto suggest word feature does not work well on the Droid phone.  We turned it off and I've not had problems since. 

Thanks....

0 Likes