Re: Unable to access a single website with data network (with details galore)
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
Does your server use a different port than 80 or 8080 by chance?
0 Likes
hotsoy
Someone please help me. Waiting and waiting for a page to load is really becoming annoying. I have had my Droid X since July 15 and have yet to feel excitement about what its capable of doing for me. Should I stay or switch to the 'NOW' network? Please help...
0 Likes
runnman
Contributor - Level 1

Report from Mississippi.
Cannot access www.realscape3d.com using DroidX. Does not display. But I can Ping site with DroidX okay. If URL "numbers" entered in DroidX stock browser, a web page is returned saying page may have been reached in error and provides a clickable entry to contact the page Webmaster.

Now, I will add this:

I cannot select your posted addresses and access the site using my PC (which is NOT using Verizon) with IE8 (WindowsXP SP3)

I can access the site using the same PC (which is not using Verizon) with 66.187.110.151 pasted into the IE8's address entry Window.

Summary from Mississippi:

Ping okay using DroidX

66.187.110.151 okay using PC (which is NOT using Verizon) and get the WebMaster Page using DroidX

www.realscape3d.com NOT okay with either the DroidX or PC that is NOT using Verizon. 

I do not see that this is a Verizon issue.  Seems that it is an URL address assignment issue in some parts of the US.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
If you enter the ip only you get the default cpanel web page. It has to do with the redirection of the page. Not sure why it would on wifi but not 3g... that is weird.
0 Likes
runnman
Contributor - Level 1
cpearson,
From Mississippi. It now working as it should when it did not earlier.
Did you get something "fixed" or a correction on its' own?

0 Likes
cpearson

Hooray! Its working again. I can reach my server on my droid X, and usb cellular modems!  I resolved this problem by reaching the right person at Verizon that could get an internal ticket created. I tremendous thanks to the admin of this forum and especially to everyone who helped me track down this problem. Without the volume of data you all help me collect I would not have been able to get my problem taken seriously and moved through the standard support channels to an higher level group within Verizon. Thanks again.

cpearson

0 Likes
psychobx

I don't know if this is the same problem but everysite except google and CNN will not come up.  It will just sit there loading and then eventually give a "data connectivity problem".  I called support which told me to remove the battery and start it up which seems to help only for maybe 30 minutes.

0 Likes