UNLOCK DROID 2 VERIZON
david_bogdan87

Good day people, good day Verizon.

I have a Verizon Motorola droid 2 global and I want to unlock it, to use it in Europe.

Is posible to unlock it legal? I have the phone from a friend of mine.

I hope in a favorable respons.

Best regards,

eng. David Bogdan

0 Likes
Re: UNLOCK DROID 2 VERIZON
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are requirements for Verizon Wireless to authorize a global capable phone to be unlocked. Starting with you must be a current Verizon Wireless subscriber. The remaining requirements have been posted before on the community in other similar discussions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
david_bogdan87

Sorry but i don't really understand what you mean. Also my english is not so good, apologize for this. I mention that i don't have nothing on my phone, only the phone and charger. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The following qualifications must be met for the SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) to be unlocked:

Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.

• The device being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
  • The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
  • The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
  • Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.
  • The customer's manufacturer's device warranty is not affected by a SIM unlock as long as the customer remains with Verizon Wireless.

More information on this can be found at https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/365596

0 Likes
david_bogdan87

Ok I understand, the problem is that I want an unlocking for Orange Romania. I thought the option to pay for a permanent unlocking. A Verizon employee if I can help i will be grateful.

0 Likes
Kirin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am curious.... are you asking for help to unlock the phone for good to use in Romania from now on or just for holiday?

0 Likes
david_bogdan87

The first time when i saw this phone..i liked very much. And i want to be mine, to use it in Romania, with Orange card. Not just for holiday or for several days.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be looked for the Milestone2 version of the phone that was also factory unlocked and designed for GSM networks. Since you don't seem to meet the requirements of getting a SIM unlock code from Verizon Wireless, the phone you purchased will not work for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
david_bogdan87

So there is no chance to unlock it? Even if I pay into a banck account for Verizon?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The issue isn't just that it isn't unlocked, Verizon's devices uses a CDMA and all carriers over seas use GSM which are not compatible, you can not use the device on a GSM carrier full time because the device doesn't have the radio in the device to connect to the network...  When you have it unlock on Verizon's side it only allows you to roam onto Verizon's configured roaming network..

So to answer your question....  No you can not use the device no matter how much you pay...  Ann154 suggestion was the best route for you..

0 Likes