Two ringtones with text messages
kathloom

I recently reset my phone to factory settings (due to the phone not ringing for incoming calls and the Smart Profile issue).  I changed my Notifications ringtone to one that comes with the phone, but now whenever I get a text message, it plays the ringtone I selected AND the Droid ringtone.  Is there a setting that I missed because it didn't do that before I reset the phone?

0 Likes
Re: Two ringtones with text messages
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

I think i have a solution. 

By default the text message ringtone is set to be the same as your notification ringtone you chose on the main settings.

Go into your text messages program and press menu for the settings.  here you can change the text ringtone to be different than the notification ringtone you chose on the main settings.

So..if those 2 are different you may hear both.  One for the text message and one as a general notification.  I am waiting for someone to text me to see if i'm right.

Check to see if you have them set to be different tones. 

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

kathloom wrote:

I recently reset my phone to factory settings (due to the phone not ringing for incoming calls and the Smart Profile issue).  I changed my Notifications ringtone to one that comes with the phone, but now whenever I get a text message, it plays the ringtone I selected AND the Droid ringtone.  Is there a setting that I missed because it didn't do that before I reset the phone?

Just curious...you haven't replied if you are still having that issue. 

0 Likes
kathloom

I've got both the Notifications ringtone and the Text Message ringtone set as the same tone, but I'm still getting the "Droid" sound after the tone I selected.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello kathloom. I have read your post and understand the issue you are experiencing with the text message alert on your device. If you have multiple messaging applications you can only make one of your apps the default and hide the other. This should stop you from receiving two alert sound on your device.

0 Likes