Two problems droid X texting and screen
scubamedic

1st one most troubling is the auto text or text correcting  some times it changes words when I don't want it too  and adds words  as it feels like .

Is there a way too turn it off ?

Second my touch screens on droid x appears to be off since the new up date  hate the newer software up date rally wish I go back to old version

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Two problems droid X texting and screen
B33
Legend

Well you might have to do a factory reset an here's how to do it. If you cant get your X to respond

complete master reset. I have listed these steps below. 

Please note: The master reset erases all data from your phone, including your Google or other email account settings, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. It resets your device back to it's original settings. It will not erase current system software and bundled applications, or files stored on an optional installed memory card, such as music or photos. For this reason, please make sure that the data on your device is backed up. 

1. Press and hold the Power button then select Power off. If the device isn't responding to input, remove / replace the battery.
  2. Press and hold the Home key then press power button to turn on.
  3. Press the Power button while holding Home.
  4. From the Android Recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press Volume Up / Down simultaneously.
  5. Select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
  6. Select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button. Reset process to may take approximately 1 minute.
  7. Ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

scubamedic wrote:

1st one most troubling is the auto text or text correcting  some times it changes words when I don't want it too  and adds words  as it feels like .

Is there a way too turn it off ?

Second my touch screens on droid x appears to be off since the new up date  hate the newer software up date rally wish I go back to old version

Your 1st issue completely depends on which keyboard and texting app you're using. You'll need to go into your keyboard settings and disable the autocorrect.

I don't know what you mean by the touch screen being off, but nothing's changed as far as calibration with GB.

Going back to an older version is a violation of this forum and cannot be talked about on here.

0 Likes
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

Go to main menu and make sure your auto brightness is turned

Gary

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
on
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well you might have to do a factory reset an here's how to do it. If you cant get your X to respond

complete master reset. I have listed these steps below. 

Please note: The master reset erases all data from your phone, including your Google or other email account settings, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. It resets your device back to it's original settings. It will not erase current system software and bundled applications, or files stored on an optional installed memory card, such as music or photos. For this reason, please make sure that the data on your device is backed up. 

1. Press and hold the Power button then select Power off. If the device isn't responding to input, remove / replace the battery.
  2. Press and hold the Home key then press power button to turn on.
  3. Press the Power button while holding Home.
  4. From the Android Recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press Volume Up / Down simultaneously.
  5. Select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
  6. Select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button. Reset process to may take approximately 1 minute.
  7. Ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for your postings. Vereyzuhn is correct about turning off the auto-correct for your first issue. With regard to the second issue in your posting, can you please elaborate as to what happens with your screen? I know this is an important issue and would like to assist you in resolving it for you. 

Please let us know some additional details. Thank you!

0 Likes
xenthine

In just this past week I've also starting having this problem with the touch screen.  A friend of mine has also started having this problem and I've found one other post here that sounds similar.  As far as details go: I've kept my phone in good condition, have relatively few apps and few other downloads.  So a couple days ago I brought my phone out of sleep mode, and tried to unlock it with the slide on the touch screen but it was completely unresponsive, the slide didn't work, the sound-off slide didn't work, nor any of the home/menu buttons at the bottom of the phone.  I could still access the phone options screen with the power button, and navigate that with the keyboard cursor.  

I turned off the phone and did a soft restart by pulling the battery out.  That seemed to fix the problem temporarily, but it seems that the longer the phone sits in sleep mode (or even in clock mode on my dock) the more likely the touch screen problem occurs.  Luckily, it seems that all I have to do now is turn the phone off for a while.  

The only conclusion I can come to is that there was a recent update of either Droid software or, if its possible, some other app that has interfered.  I'd, of course, prefer not to have to do the hard reset option.  Anything the admins can do to help would be great.

0 Likes