Transferring photos
Ash53

How do I transfer already taken photos from my phone storage onto my SD card?!?!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring photos
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@Ash53, On the G drive (your SD card) you can store the photos under any location you choose to. So you could create your own directory named say "MyPhotos" and copy them there. "DCIM" is the default location where the camera saves photos when you take them.

If you want to have the camera directly save photos to your SD card, you can also do that. To do that, tap Menu-> Settings (the gears)--> Tap Storage and choose Storage Card instead of "Phone Storage".

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@Ash53, There are two ways you can do this.

Option 1: Simply connect your phone to the PC in Disk Mode and copy the photos from your phone storage to your SD card or to your PC as well if you want. Note that both the phone storage as well as sd card will appear as drives on your PC. And the photos can be found under "dcim" directory.

Option 2: Download a file manager (like AndroZip or Astro File Manager) from the market. You can then use it to copy the photos from your phone storage to the sd card. Note that when using any file manager app, you will find your internal storage under "/emmc" (i.e. root-->emmc) directory.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Ash53

ok, I found the DCIM file but what will the memory card info be under??

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3
If you are using a file manager on the phone, there will be a direct option to go to sd card.

If you connected the phone to your PC, it will be a seperate drive letter.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Ash53

When I plug the usb plug in file F and file G both pop up. The photos are under file F DCIM, do I drag the photos into the DCIM folder in the G file??

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@Ash53, On the G drive (your SD card) you can store the photos under any location you choose to. So you could create your own directory named say "MyPhotos" and copy them there. "DCIM" is the default location where the camera saves photos when you take them.

If you want to have the camera directly save photos to your SD card, you can also do that. To do that, tap Menu-> Settings (the gears)--> Tap Storage and choose Storage Card instead of "Phone Storage".

Hope this helps!

0 Likes