Transferring images from PC to device
kealohakealii

I am kind of irked that when you transfer you own picutres from the PC to the device it does not diplay with full resoluation in the photo gallery. I have a 12MP camera and when I tranfer the images to my phone and look at them in the photo gallery, the photos are not anywhere near the origingal image quality.

It is like the device is sizing the images down, even though the details say that the resolution is the oringal size.

Can anyonw shed light on how to display the full resolution quality for personal images?

P.S. The ones I take with the Charge's camera have full resolution, just not ones transferred from the PC to device. I have tried using Windows to transfer and V Cast Media Manager as well.

Droid Charge

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring images from PC to device
Ray999
Contributor - Level 1

The picture in the photo gallery is actually at a scaled down version of the actual photo. Only about 0.4 MP can display on the screen at a time (480x800 pixel display) I have noticed that the built in photo gallery does a poor job of rendering photos compared to QuickPic which does a much better job.

In order to display a photo at full resolution, you will need to pinch zoom it in and see just a portion of the picture at full resolution.

The built in photo gallery blew up on me and froze my phone for a minute on a 10MP picture. QuickPic had no such problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mtwestch

My pc can't even acknowledge my Droid Charge through the USB connection. Did you need to download a driver or do anything special, or did your pc just immediately pick it up?

0 Likes
Ray999
Contributor - Level 1

The picture in the photo gallery is actually at a scaled down version of the actual photo. Only about 0.4 MP can display on the screen at a time (480x800 pixel display) I have noticed that the built in photo gallery does a poor job of rendering photos compared to QuickPic which does a much better job.

In order to display a photo at full resolution, you will need to pinch zoom it in and see just a portion of the picture at full resolution.

The built in photo gallery blew up on me and froze my phone for a minute on a 10MP picture. QuickPic had no such problem.

0 Likes
Ray999
Contributor - Level 1

mtwestch wrote:

My pc can't even acknowledge my Droid Charge through the USB connection. Did you need to download a driver or do anything special, or did your pc just immediately pick it up?

Did you push the button to "Connect to USB storage" on the phone?  The message usually comes up within 30 seconds of connecting and you may not even notice it if the phone is locked when you connect. On my PC (Windows 7), it is pretty much automatic after I push the button.

0 Likes