Touch screen wacky while charging
romijo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I originally thought it was a keyboard issue. It's not.

The entire touchscreen becomes supersensitive and pushing one button will activate another button in a completely different location--forget about trying to type. Or sometimes the screen will be unresponsive, requiring multiple taps on a button to activate it. It only happens when the phone is charging. How can this be fixed? Am I not supposed to use the phone while it's charging?

0 Likes
Re: Touch screen wacky while charging
kmac

Wow i have the same issue but never realized it was only while charging.  Well VZW/Motorola, that's at least two users on this forum with the same issue.

0 Likes
JScott

Are you using a Motorola charger? I had the same problem using an after market charger, switched to the one that came with the phone and all is well.

0 Likes
kmac

Yes - the charger that came with the phone.

0 Likes
romijo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Using motorola charger also.
0 Likes
kmac

Also the device has had a master reset, and it was like this before installing apps, so that's not a resolution.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your feedback!

I know this can be frustrating. I have raised this to our product team for investigation. I will post more as information becomes available.

Thank you!

0 Likes
MrIceT

I had the same problem with my original Moto Droid. So far I have not seen this with my Bionic.

0 Likes
MrIceT
0 Likes
JosMWalsh

Same problem here. Using a USB charger from iGo, but that shouldn't cause an issue. The screen becomes unresponsive and only works if unplugged.

0 Likes