Touch screen issues.
SweetMachines

I got my Droid about 3 months ago. It worked great for the first couple of weeks but soon after that I have been having many issues with my touch screen. Sometimes it works great, but usually it has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes to unlock my screen because the slider doesn't follow my finger. And when it does come unlocked, I usually have to use my directional pad to navigate because when I try to use my touch screen it's either unresponsive or it spazzes out and starts switching screens, opening programs by itself and bringing the notification bar down on its own. I've managed to get by with this, but lately it has been getting a bit ridiculous. I haven't gotten it wet or dropped it onto any hard surfaces or anything like that. I was wondering if there's anything I can do?

0 Likes
Re: Touch screen issues.
SweetMachines

Forgot to mention, the four touch buttons at the bottom of the screen also tend to be unresponsive.

0 Likes
Re: Touch screen issues.
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

SweetMachines wrote:

I got my Droid about 3 months ago. It worked great for the first couple of weeks but soon after that I have been having many issues with my touch screen. Sometimes it works great, but usually it has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes to unlock my screen because the slider doesn't follow my finger. And when it does come unlocked, I usually have to use my directional pad to navigate because when I try to use my touch screen it's either unresponsive or it spazzes out and starts switching screens, opening programs by itself and bringing the notification bar down on its own. I've managed to get by with this, but lately it has been getting a bit ridiculous. I haven't gotten it wet or dropped it onto any hard surfaces or anything like that. I was wondering if there's anything I can do?

the first thing that should be done is a battery pull.  a battery pull does cure alot of problems. do it a couple of times in a row.

i just had my phone fixed by best buy, someone had set the language to Spanish and when we reverted back to English, the icons were still in spanish. with a simple battery pull, the icons were in ingles again.

if the battery pull does not work then try a hard reset or a factory reset (write down all your free apps, as they wont be saved like the paid apps are)

then your last option is to call verizon and have the phone sent in for repair.

0 Likes