They fixed the Camera!
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Reports are coming in from all over the net - everyone is getting green perfect pictures - amazing resolution.

Must have done an update.

Amazing.

0 Likes
Re: They fixed the Camera!
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

By the way,

A question about the camera which I didnt use much until tonight because of the quality.

You can press the onscreen button to take an automatic pic which seems to work great.

What are the toggles on the side of the camera for?

0 Likes
Eclyps19

hrm... my camera still blows... =\ I don't see any changes. Is there a way to check for an update? Maybe i didn't receive it yet.

0 Likes
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update is supossed to be on the 11th.  I haven't had an issue with the camera.  If they did do an update, try shutting your phone down, leave it off for 2 minutes.  Turn on.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

SSHGuru wrote:

By the way,

A question about the camera which I didnt use much until tonight because of the quality.

You can press the onscreen button to take an automatic pic which seems to work great.

What are the toggles on the side of the camera for?

It's too early to tell for sure, but my camera seems to be working much better.  Out of several test pics, I never once got the red "out of focus"  corners, all greens.  I haven't uploaded any pictures to the PC for quality checks yet, but they looked pretty good on the phone.

The only "toggle" on my camera screen is for changing from photo mode to video mode.

BTW: I have not personally rebooted the phone. I suppose it's possible that if they did do some kind of update, the update itself could have triggered a restart sometime during the night.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

You can check to see if it was restarted by checking your "Up Time" in (Settings->about->status)

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

kenyu73 wrote:

You can check to see if it was restarted by checking your "Up Time" in (Settings->about->status)

Dooh! I should have thought of that.  Up Time = 17:44:40, so there was no restart last night.  Of course that means I rebooted the phone somewhere around 4:30 yesterday after I had made some changes and installed some apps.  Could the update have came down sometime before then or is this just wishful thinking?

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

If Verizon does a simple OTA update.. lets say to some simple program... There technically doesn't have to be a reboot.Only if the core OS is updated would a reboot be needed.

I think there would be more internet noise if Verizon had an update. I seach google news feeds, and nothing mentioned an update.

Maybe rebooting the phone fixed a hung focus process. Maybe you found a workaround to the focus issue!

0 Likes
callmemarc
Enthusiast - Level 3

There was definitely some kind of update.  I never once got the green corners and an in-focus picture before today.  Now I am getting them every single time!

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Interesting!

I have the Eris, so I have no way of knowing personally. Too bad there isn't anytype of logging. Wouldn't there be SOMETHING noted somewhere if an update occurred? Either in the android notifications or Verizon itself?

The Droid is just so much in the spotlight, I'd figure one of the cellphone sights would have reported it.

0 Likes