The wait is worth it!
deetotallyrocks

Finally got my Droid X yesterday morning! After more than a 2 week wait, I am glad to say that it was definitely worth it! I know it's tough to keep waiting for something as awesome as this phone, but let me tell you that once you get it and find any chance to play with it, you will really think the wait was worth it. Still getting to know my Droid X as I try to start my first week of school on the right track, I'll admit it's tough to pay attention in class when all you want to do is explore all the options on the X. To those waiting just hope for a problem-free phone once it arrives, otherwise if things are pushed too early they might come with a few problems that will just extend your waiting period. Verizon is awesome. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: The wait is worth it!
upsandowns

I can attest to this.  I also just received my Droid X today after waiting nearly two weeks.  It takes a little time to learn your way around, especially if you are new to smartphones, but it's actually pretty foolproof.  I've put it through a lot of paces, including contacts (I have added a bunch of new things to google contacts which it automatically updates), I've downloaded a couple of kindle books & tried the navigation tool.  I wasn't driving anywhere but asked for directions and heard the voice loud and clear (unlike other reports that you can't hear it at all).  Put a few different locations in the weather app, taken a few photos and they came out fantastic.  I used both macro and then steady settings.  I found that steady supercedes macro.  I have used voice to text, and tried to swipe (definitely need more practice).  I have yet to add any new apps,just trying to learn the ones that are there at the moment.  I'm just beginning....

This phone is amazing!

0 Likes
deetotallyrocks

It is definitely worth the wait isn't it? Mine has been flawless so far with no weird reboots/low sound/ect. that has been heard of from other Droid X owners. I'm not saying their lying by any means but I kept hoping that the wait would definitely be worth it if I got a problem-free smartphone once it did arrive and well, I'm excited to say it's been awesome so far. Yes, I will agree with the many different things you can do with Google mail, I'm totally addicted to Google Calendar because it helps me to stay on top of things by taking a simple look at my appointments/to do's for the day just by scrolling to my calendar. Wish I had a car so I made use of the GPS system because like you've mentioned, it's very easy and convenient to use. Let's keep enjoying our X's and wish those who haven't received theirs the same fate once theirs arrive. Droid X really Does and keeps doing! :robotvery-happy:

0 Likes
hugebob

It was definitely worth the wait!  The only thing I'd complain about is the life of the standard battery.  I realize this is more than just a phone.  But, the first day out with the thing, it died in a little over six hours from a full charge.  I'm an amateur photographer and I was using an app to help me track the movement of the sun so I could be in the right place for sunset shots!  That and navigation, texting, checking email and some phone calls.  This is my first smart phone.  So maybe I'm expecting too much, LOL.  It'd be nice if you could get at least 12 hours.

0 Likes
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2

hugebob wrote:

It was definitely worth the wait!  The only thing I'd complain about is the life of the standard battery.  I realize this is more than just a phone.  But, the first day out with the thing, it died in a little over six hours from a full charge.  I'm an amateur photographer and I was using an app to help me track the movement of the sun so I could be in the right place for sunset shots!  That and navigation, texting, checking email and some phone calls.  This is my first smart phone.  So maybe I'm expecting too much, LOL.  It'd be nice if you could get at least 12 hours.

The first day I had the phone fully charged it only lasted 4 hours.  But if you let it drain all the way down (until the red light is on the battery level) once and then charge it up, you will see it keeps the charge longer.  Since that time I let go all the way down, it's kept a charge almost all day.  And I do a fair amount of texting and a little web surfing while at work on sites I cannot access with my work computer.

I've found the battery is lasting longer as I use it.  Sounds kinda weird, but that's what I've noticed.

I'm loving the phone and it was worth the wait.  I know it's hard to wait for it.  Especially if you visit the forums and read about the features and such.  It sometimes makes it harder to be patient.  I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive.  But now that it's here, I'm thinking why did I want to wait for the Verizon iPhone?  This thing ROCKS!

0 Likes