Re: The not so INCREDIBLE... HTC Incredible Reboot Issue
DanPonjican

Looks like an OTA update is on the way.  I am in Advance NC and haven't got this OTA yet, but I am hoping this fixes this rebooting issue.  

OTA Update on the Way?

Shop Android

0 Likes
Terrible0ne

t is network related. I live in Asheville, North Carolina and just drove to the High Point/ Winston Salem area. My phone arrived on the 28th and have had no issues until the 30th when I drove down to to Winston. I was actually on a call when I dropped out of range. This is when the reboot cycle started. It rebooted probably 30 times over about a 2 hour window and continued to do so until I was probably 30 miles west of Winston. Dialed *228 and have not had the issue since. I make this trip every 2 weeks so I'm sure I will see the problem return if it is not fixed. Stinks it had to happen to this phone. Best phone Verizon has ever had. Now I'm back in the mountains, the problem is gone..

0 Likes
Driod-Pimpn2010

Yea new Incredible owner as of this morning no problems at all, loving the 8MEG camera, and the super fast processor.  The store I bought mine,  there were maybe 12 other people in there buying one also, (they actually sold out while I was there). No problems from anyone.

0 Likes
gansscr

Same issue going on here.  I did turn off the Wi-Fi in my house causing it to reboot less frequently....but still had an issue.  I also tried to pick up an incoming call last night, phone started buzzing at me and just froze til I did a manual reboot.  This only happens at my home location where I'm coming off of a tower within 200 yards of my house.  As a VZW field technician, I have a theory regarding this issue.

I am located in Atlanta , GA.  I know this is going on in other areas of the country, but specifically here, we are upgrading our current CDMA network to what is known as Ethernet Backhaul.  Using the current Nortel infrastructure, what we're basically doing is eliminating the T1 throughput to the DSX and NIU, and replacing it with a CIsco ASR1002 router, and fiber backbone.  This is increasing download speeds to about 3-4Mps...and from what testing we have done, the DOM's in the sites love this traffic and are working very smoothly.  

The problem with this is geographical.  So as we migrate these sites over to EBH, our neighbor lists in the system are constantly being updated.  I did a *228 option 2 on my phone this morning, updated the roaming/neighbor list information, and have not had a problem yet...(been about 3 hours or so).  I'm not claiming this to be a fix, but just a theory from a network perspective that so far is working.  Our neighbor lists are being updated daily with the amount of workflow we have going into the network.  The site by my house has not been cut over to EBH yet.  When I go to work during the day, I am in an area where primarily most of the sites, have been cutover to EBH.....this is where I never have reboot problems and it is as if my HTC Droid Incredible thrives on the faster Ethernet based fiber backbone network.  As we turn our carrier system into more of a IP Protocol based system, and less of a T1 scripting system, it seems as though these newer smarter PDA style phones thrive on data.

Try updating your software with the *228, Option 2...hopefully this will help.  I'm still researching and seeing what else might cause this issue.  It could be on the new Android 2.1, or on HTC's end.....but ya never know.

0 Likes
Re: The not so INCREDIBLE... HTC Incredible Reboot Issue -- This solution may work.
Munish

I had the same problem (Reboot). Called Verizon and simple solution worked.

Keep phone turned on and remove the battery for 15second. Put the battery back in and it has never happened after that.
(Don’t turn off the phone to remove the battery)

--

I did a re-programming with ( with Verizon rep helping) *22899 OTA update with new V-Id.

0 Likes
Re: The not so INCREDIBLE... HTC Incredible Reboot Issue -- This solution may work.
sdickinson

I experienced reboots all afternoon Thursday and all day Friday (see my post from Friday night).  I did a *228 roaming update on Friday night and had one reboot after that and since then I have traveled all over the Triad area of NC and have had no other reboots.  I was in the Greensboro Verizon store on Saturday and was told that the problem in the Triad area had been resolved but the person did not know the details of the resolution.

I do wish that VzW would put out some official communication concerning the issue.  The lack of official communication speaks loudly about an unfortunate lack of management leadership in addressing customer issues.

0 Likes
OranVW07

I purchased my Droid INcredible Thursday night at the Verizon store in Salisbury, NC. I have been given great customer service by the employees there, but: I can not make or receive a phone call at all with out the phone rebooting, there is no  notification sound when receiving text. Has anyone else had these problems.

I went back to the store Friday, Saturday and will be back in there today. Was told that I would be able to get a new Incredible today, but now I call back and they are telling me to wait till May 11th. NO WAY I am not going with out a phone for 8 more days. This is total **bleep**, they act like they do not know what is going on. VERIZON GET THIS FIXED.

I really love the operation of the phone and have been looking forward to it for some time. All we ask is for a fix and simple communication on the issue. Seems funny that it is only effecting NC phones too.

0 Likes
FreezingD

For what it's worth.... I am not experiencing this issue today. I did not update roaming nor did I do any other 'special' thing to make the phone work better. 

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

OranVW07 wrote:

I purchased my Droid INcredible Thursday night at the Verizon store in Salisbury, NC. I have been given great customer service by the employees there, but: I can not make or receive a phone call at all with out the phone rebooting, there is no  notification sound when receiving text. Has anyone else had these problems.

I went back to the store Friday, Saturday and will be back in there today. Was told that I would be able to get a new Incredible today, but now I call back and they are telling me to wait till May 11th. NO WAY I am not going with out a phone for 8 more days. This is total **bleep**, they act like they do not know what is going on. VERIZON GET THIS FIXED.

I really love the operation of the phone and have been looking forward to it for some time. All we ask is for a fix and simple communication on the issue. Seems funny that it is only effecting NC phones too.

Did you try the forum recommended fixes?

1) *228 option 2 (update roaming)

2) Put the phone in Airplane Mode for a few minutes, then back into normal mode. This supposedly works as long as the phone isn't rebooted.

I haven't had one single reboot or lockup (knock on wood). I'm surprised the NC area is still selling them with this issue going on. I know HTC and Verizon is working the issue, but it would make sense to postpone sales (IMO) if a good portion of customers might return them for this very issue.

0 Likes
Bowtie

I live in Arizona and mine rebooted three times yesterday. Once at my house, then again an hour later on my way to dinner, then again on mhy way home from dinner. Who knows how many times while I was sleeping.

0 Likes