Re: The droid x froyo update
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

GeekGuy wrote:

pcw6727 wrote:

@ GeekGuy,

Against my better judgment, I'm going to respond to you on this, & that will be the last you hear from me on this, take it for what it's worth. Also, I'm going to apologize to you now if I've assumed wrong on your age. As the fact that I'm in my "Mid Forties", & some how get the feeling maybe your in your late teens, maybe early (20s), & seemed to be having an online discussion / argument w/ someone poss. 1/2 my age. I'm going to copy & paste your quote:

"Some people come to these forums looking for answers to questions that they have, or seeking solutions to problems they have.  Trying to find those answers and solutions can be intimidating when you have to wade through so many threads from whiners about the same issue.

The topic is being discussed already..there is no need to add another thread.  If the OP is new to using forums...then he needs to learn that fact.":

That kind of seems what your doing here "Whinnying".

Again, people need to stop be so "high & mighty", & so intolerant of others. After all isn't that what you quoted, "people come to these forums looking for answers to questions that they have, or seeking solutions to problems they have....... (then he needs to learn....)".

Isn't that how people learn, "by being taught by those that know", not by being belittled.

I am glad this is the last that I will hear from you.  The assumptions you make in your comments are basically just assumptions.  My reply post to the OP was specific and not belittling. 

@pcw6727,

I like the use of @, the symbol for 'at' . It's very technosheek and savvy of you. 

GeekGuy's very first reply was one sentence, simply suggesting OP use a search feature first.  Besides, there were 3 visible FROYO 2.2 posts on the first page of topics so OP should not have had to search to find the answer or post the question. OP did get his answer in the reply above GeekGuy's. 

Also, if you read GeekGuy's other posts on the forum you would see he isn't in the habit of trashing people personally like you seem to have done here. 

......people in glass houses pcw6727!

Dj

0 Likes
admsteck

Hmm...  Just checking back on threads I have participated in and saw this one went up to two pages.  I thought maybe there was some new information about Froyo for the Droid X.....  guess not.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

admsteck wrote:

Hmm...  Just checking back on threads I have participated in and saw this one went up to two pages.  I thought maybe there was some new information about Froyo for the Droid X.....  guess not.

That's pretty funny admsteck!  yeah, not much useful information going on in here :smileyhappy:

dj

0 Likes
pcw6727

djtonic,

As I posted to GeekGuy, I'm also going to respond back to you once, & you also won't hear from me again on this.  I'm going to copy & paste both of your replies. As the fact that there was more than (1) by GeekGuy, & the second seems to be rubbing salt in the wound, in response to your reply. Not to mention your use of mult. exclamation marks. Oh yes, also, "MANY", being capitalized, my understanding is that amounts to yelling @ someone.

Although yes, I did respond back @ ya'll, it was also meant for everyone I have been observing on the forums for the past (1 1/2) mns., that have been condescending towards others. So I guess now I'm the bad guy, personally attacking people, however, you know what they say about "guilty minds".

You should go back & re-read your replies, because to quote you:

" ......people in glass houses".....djtonic.

GeekGuy

Nickel Contributor
GeekGuy
09-08-2010 10:23 AM

donpatrio wrote:

I was just wondering when  will the droid x get froyo

jeesh...there are already several threads on this issue.  Please try using search.

Copper Contributor
djtonic
09-08-2010 10:29 AM - last edited on 09-08-2010 10:29 AM

GeekGuy wrote:

donpatrio wrote:

jeesh...there are already several threads on this issue.  Please try using search.

More than several!!!! I would go as far as to say there are MANY threads about this issue.

Nickel Contributor
GeekGuy
09-08-2010 10:48 AM

djtonic wrote:

GeekGuy wrote:

donpatrio wrote:

More than several!!!! I would go as far as to say there are MANY threads about this issue.

lol...yepper.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

pcw6727 wrote:

djtonic,

As I posted to GeekGuy, I'm also going to respond back to you once, & you also won't hear from me again on this.  I'm going to copy & paste both of your replies. As the fact that there was more than (1) by GeekGuy, & the second seems to be rubbing salt in the wound, in response to your reply. Not to mention your use of mult. exclamation marks. Oh yes, also, "MANY", being capitalized, my understanding is that amounts to yelling @ someone.

Although yes, I did respond back @ ya'll, it was also meant for everyone I have been observing on the forums for the past (1 1/2) mns., that have been condescending towards others. So I guess now I'm the bad guy, personally attacking people, however, you know what they say about "guilty minds".

You should go back & re-read your replies, because to quote you:

" ......people in glass houses".....djtonic.

aye, yey yey... I was pointing out that there !!ARE!! many posts on this forum about 2.2 update.  

Who's wound was "salted" and who even had a "wound"?  You assume the original poster is some poor, confused individual who has never been on the internet.  If anything, you coming to save someone from this unjust, poisinous forum thread is patronizing at best.

And if I wrote my post in 100% capitals, then you could say i was "yelling".

Besides, I still fail to see where any of my replies come close to the immediate, angry responses you gave to GeekGuy (and me) to his 1 little reply to a topic you didn't author.

I too am done responding on this, unless someone else says something super funny!

Dj.

0 Likes
PiperCrab
Contributor - Level 1

Where did VZW get these smileys from? :smileyvery-happy: <- this one is extremely hilarious; like a smiling drunkard!

0 Likes
bjdavila1

WOW!!!!!! Was that really necessary?:smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
pvcdroid

Just got off the phone with VZW CS. She said that the update will be 9/20. The reason I called was my wifi connection stops passing data and I wanted and assurance that if the OTA update does not fix the problem that I can return the phone past the 30 freebie period. She said that I actually have 45 days because of the additional 15 day 'manufacturing defect' period. I had never heard of this before but asked her to make a record of our conversation. She then added that this was new news today and that Verizon will provide notification on or near the 20th. So, I then asked if the OTA will occur in stages and she said no that it would be available to all and that you will activate the down by going to system updates on the phone. This is no {word filter avoidance} and she sounded sincere. Hope this helps anyone looking for info on the update.

0 Likes
XPNT

Wow talk about end of summer litterally the last day :>(

My Droid X is dropping the data connection also WIFI and 3G does not matter. Should be interesting downloading with packet loss and then a totally dropped connection.

Had Froyo 2.2 on the Original Droid that I had to replace due to call issues bad antenna then 4 bad refurbs in a row.

But the original droid with 2.2 ran flawless on the GUI and Network side of things. Problem was dropping calls while standing next to my network extender.

Now the Droid X love the screen size but I hope 2.2 fixes the network issues, Random reboots and lockups.

I want as far as taking my corp. email off the phone it was so bad.

So far a few dropped calls but that was due to phone locking up, otherwise call quality is great. I really hope 2.2 solves these issues I am having I really want this to be my last phone for at least a year or 2 would be even better.

0 Likes
XPNT

pvcdroid wrote:

Just got off the phone with VZW CS. She said that the update will be 9/20. The reason I called was my wifi connection stops passing data and I wanted and assurance that if the OTA update does not fix the problem that I can return the phone past the 30 freebie period. She said that I actually have 45 days because of the additional 15 day 'manufacturing defect' period. I had never heard of this before but asked her to make a record of our conversation. She then added that this was new news today and that Verizon will provide notification on or near the 20th. So, I then asked if the OTA will occur in stages and she said no that it would be available to all and that you will activate the down by going to system updates on the phone. This is no {word filter avoidance} and she sounded sincere. Hope this helps anyone looking for info on the update.

Wow talk about end of summer litterally the last day :>(

My Droid X is dropping the data connection also WIFI and 3G does not matter. Should be interesting downloading with packet loss and then a totally dropped connection.

Had Froyo 2.2 on the Original Droid that I had to replace due to call issues bad antenna then 4 bad refurbs in a row.

But the original droid with 2.2 ran flawless on the GUI and Network side of things. Problem was dropping calls while standing next to my network extender.

Now the Droid X love the screen size but I hope 2.2 fixes the network issues, Random reboots and lockups.

I want as far as taking my corp. email off the phone it was so bad.

So far a few dropped calls but that was due to phone locking up, otherwise call quality is great. I really hope 2.2 solves these issues I am having I really want this to be my last phone for at least a year or 2 would be even better

0 Likes