The button to turn my screen on isn't working!
fraverfrave

I bought my HTC Droid Incredible about 4 months ago. I have dropped it a few times, but nothing very serious. My power button on the top of my phone, which also turns my screen on and off isn't working. When I press it the screen won't turn on, no matter how hard or how many times I press it. I got it to turn on a couple times by putting my nail down into it, but that doesn't work anymore. Now to turn my screen on, I have to plug it into my charger, which is really inconvenient! Someone help please!

0 Likes
Re: The button to turn my screen on isn't working!
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Hopefully you have insurance because that is your best option to get a replacement phone after customer induced damage (dropping).  If you do not have insurance, you can possibly get the button fixed at a cell phone repair shop.

0 Likes
Re: The button to turn my screen on isn't working!
rott4thai

I found this forum because I was having the same problem.  I saw on a seperate forum someone tried blowing on it with a keyboard cleaner (high air pressure) and it fixed it.  Well I didn't have one, so I just blew on the button as hard as I could and its fixed!   Must just be an issue with dirt/dust getting in there.   Hope this helps anyone having the same problem!

0 Likes