The best and fastest way to order the Droid X
JennHilliard

I am looking to order a Droid X soon and wanted to know what is best way to order. By phone, online, or corporate store. I wonder if ordering in one place sends the phone faster than using another method.

0 Likes
Re: The best and fastest way to order the Droid X
kansah1

It does, you should call CS and ask who has it in stock because each way you order it has it's own warehouse , and they don't intermingle. so if the store is all out they can't call to get phones shipped from the online warehouse.

0 Likes
themadhermit

I ordered mine online through Wirefly and got it delivered to my door in 4 days. Although they do offer free shipping I payed $7.00 extra for priority shipping but I saved a bunch following this process so I splurged to get it to me faster. I was a little skeptical about ordering online but after having done it I will do it again the next time I need a phone. 

It's funny, I went to the Verizon store and they wanted $299 for the Droid X with a $100 rebate gift card. They also told me if I ordered it they would have it in store in about seven to ten days for me to pick up. 

Through WireFly (who incidentally happen to be a Verizon authorized dealer) I got mine new for $179.99 and saved another $40 by going through ebates. So I only paid $139.99.

Again, here is the step-by-step guide I followed to snag my Droid X quick and cheap.

http://fivefingerdiscounts.net/how-to-get-a-motorola-droid-x-for-144-99/

0 Likes
JennHilliard

If I buy it from Wirefly, will it still be covered under some type of insurance?

0 Likes
themadhermit

I don't know that you get insurance with anyone unless you pay for it extra. As far as Warranty is concerned, they have a Satisfaction Guarantee policy that lets you try the phone for 14 days and send it back if you don't like it. Beyond that you are covered by the standard hardware manufacturer's warranty (typically 1 year). So say you buy a Motorola Droid X, should it suffer from some sort of defect you would have to contact Motorola directly. 

Hope that helps answer your question.

0 Likes
kansah1

I would check all walmarts, best buys, and targets before dealing with verizon itself. i wish i had known that because a bunch of walmarts have them in the stores, and when i tried to cancel my order with verizon i would have to wait a month to get the cash i paid back. very very lame verizon

0 Likes
themadhermit

A month to get a refund? That sucks!

0 Likes