Re: The OG Droid Incredible, OTA (Build 4.08.605.15) Update
smartguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can go in settings , applications - Select All- Press Menu ( from 4 soft keys )  and sort by size .

After doing above , go to  all 3rd party apps which are having big sizes like facebook , maps  etc.

click on each application and  under that  press Clear cache.

This will help to get rid of  a huge amount of  junk cache sitting and eating your  internal memory.

Good Luck

0 Likes
manaid602

I got the upgrade and my phone keeps getting rebooted. This morning my phone has been freezing up and now it rebooted itself to manufactures setting. So sad because it completely ereased everything. Ugh I wished I had NEVER updated. Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
chefwannabe

After the upgrade 2 weeks ago, my phone has been cycling EVERY NIGHT starting at 2:00am. The first night I turned the sound off and let it reset every 5 minutes until I finally got back to sleep. The next few nights I powered it down so I could get some sleep. Fortunately I have a clock radio for an alarm and don't rely on the phone.

Two days ago my wife got the same upgrade notice, since we have identical Incredibles. I thought the resets were because of some new apps I installed, so I told her to go ahead and install the upgrade. Now BOTH of our phones have been resetting at 2:00 am for 3 days now. Last night hers was still rebooting at 4:30 am, so she shut the sound off. She uses her phone alarm, so I had to set my clock radio so she wouldn't miss an appointment. I just now realized that the ringer and alarms have different volume controls, but we shouldn't have to turn the ringer off at night,

I don't believe Verizon's story about a lengthy software upgrade. Like I said, I've been letting our phones reboot all night for several days. We can't shut our phones off or turn off the ringer because we don't want to miss an emergency call. This absolutely has to get fixed. Does anyone from Verizon actually read these boards?

0 Likes
pre86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted a "question" to ask if Verizon or HTC was aware of the problem.  I am hoping that by marking it as a question it might get answered by someone from Verizon.  Feel free to add to the post.  I am attaching the link.  Had to pull the battery twice this morning just to get it responsive again. 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/776768

0 Likes
ssg
Enthusiast - Level 2

SmartGuy is correct. See my contribution here:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/775872?start=70&tstart=0

0 Likes
chefwannabe

I've been letting my phone reboot from 2am to 5am without interruption (phone on, charging, ringer off) for 2 weeks now. Whoever said "one 2-5am reset cycle was enough" is obviously mistaken.

Another thing that doesn't work is to force the time to 1:55am and let it go thru a reboot cycle. I tried that (I didn't wake up the phone) and waited an hour and it never rebooted. I reset the time to sync with the towers, and the ba$7ard rebooted at 2am again.

I have not done a factory reset yet. Today I'm going to try clearing out the SD card (pics & videos), and clearing the app caches. I'll let it reboot uninterrupted tonight. If it does it again tomorrow night, I'm going to do the factory reset and tell all my friends to buy an iPhone. I'm not giving up my unlimited data plan until the phone breaks. THEN I'll buy an iPhone. The following things are pathetic: buggy OS, ridiculous patch procedure, customer notification (lack of), and customer service of Verizon and HTC. This whole situation is a complete debacle that we should never have gotten into, and there appears to be no way out yet.

0 Likes
laplee

yeah, i update this shit, but after my update, my phone auto restart many times, after few times restart, no wifi work...the update is shit, i want to be downgrade to old one. but can not...need help

0 Likes
PaulBielawski

I too had the nightly restarts. Here is what I did and my positive results:

1)          I used Silent Boot to quiet the restarts during the night. Note that this application does not work with fast Boot enabled (under settings, applications).

2)          I cleared the cache directory as documented for the second GB update:

a)          Boot into recovery

b)          Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option

c)          When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power

d)          When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”

e)          Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”

f)          When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.

g)          Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.

h)          Select "Reboot system now"

3)          I freed memory. Even though you have a lot internal storage, you need both “phone memory” and “data storage.” This is the same method that I used to get the GB update/patch to install in the late fall.

a)          Phone memory – I freed 375 MB

4)          Data Storage – I freed 50 MB – My advice is to delete the data under Contact Storage, My contact storage had ballooned to 23 MB. It refreshed from my Google Contacts at just over 1 MB.

5)          I used Bootlog Uptime to document that my phone is no longer restarting each night.

Once I cleared the cache directory and freed memory, I was done with the nightly reboots. I have been clear for two nights. I hope that I am not speaking too soon.

0 Likes
douggw

When I check my software version I have  4.08.605.15 as the build, but two days ago as I was using the phone, it just restarted. When I started back up again, all my apps are gone.  They are still gone. I've reset the phone to factory defaults, battery and sd card pulls, logged into my google account and let the phone sit overnight, for two nights. Still no apps. I can't even go to the market to download apps.  Very strange! 

0 Likes
Azrael44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that on my phone it didn't work. Verizon seriously messed my our phones and now they wont respond to any messages. Hoe can I call and complain if my phone wont even turn on?

0 Likes