Re: The NEW format for the Charge BLOG (forum) is to cumbersome...JerryF
rcschnoor
Legend

sewlady wrote:

Hi rcschnoor,

Yeah, it does work. When you said it didn't, I got off my duff & went searching for it.  Here's the text I found: 

From IE 7 (pretty sure this is the same with IE 6) access the Tools menu, then Internet Options. Click on the Security tab, then select the zone your SharePoint site is in (for example the Internet Zone), the click the Custom Level button. Then scroll down to the Miscellaneous header and look for “Display mixed content” and set it to Enable.  Click OK and exit IE, then open it up again and see if the message goes away.  Verify the zone that IE has this site listed in by looking at the bottom toolbar of the IE window

Now...I don't know what the security implications are but it stopped the "click yes or no" messages. 

Connie in MI

Message was edited by: sewlady P.S.  Not sure what I found exactly relates to what I initially said, but I knew it did relate to security somehow. 

All I can say is what is happening for me, and following these steps exactly DID NOT stop the "click yes or no" messages for me in IE8.

0 Likes
sewlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi rcschnoor,

I'm sorry to hear it doesn't work in IE8.  It does work in IE7 (but that doesn't help you).  I've held off updating IE because of things I've read and I just kinda like it the way it is (with a few obvious exceptions!).

FWIW:  You COULD be right about the forum -- it's becoming less obnoxious.  VBG.

Connie

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

After further trial and errror, I have come to the conclusion that I CAN get the messages to stop. It seems that I was trying to be too smart for my own good.

I didn't necessarily want ALL internet addresses to be able to display "mixed" content, so what I had done was add this website (https://community.verizonwireless.com) to my trusted sites and then allow "display mixed content" for my trusted sites. No Go.

If I allow "display mixed content" for my internet sites, though, the messages DO go away. As I said before, though, I am not too keen to allow "mixed" content on all websites, so I tried disabling "display mixed content" for my internet sites and the messages also go away for this setting. Furthermore, I see no difference in what is appearing on the website when "mixed" content is disabled/enabled for this forum.

I will wait to see if this change affects any other websites for me.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sorry to rain!! on the Parade guys but with the Fox i'm not getting the Warnings i don't if that makes it less secured or Not but it does have the https:// up in the Address bar.Now with IE it's the same as you all are experiencing Every time i do this or that or lift my leg to fart    it's popping up a security warning i was on there for 5 min that was enough for Me. 

An i' m not using Win 7 i got the old Faithful Win. Xp Home Edition with IE 8 on board. But i can see were you would be frustrated i tollerate things for so long an then a change will Happen. If you haven't ever give FF a look. Might not hurt to give it a try it not going to hurt anything.  An Woody Leonhard of Ask Woody.com Swears by it. B33 

0 Likes
glassonion1
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, this post isn't really specifically relevant to the topic, HOWEVER, I can't seem to find a way to post a new topic or search with any results for what I am looking for.

THIS NEW "FORUM" REALLY REALLY SUCKS!

Searching is painful and most of the time I can't find what I am looking for even when I know I have seen the topic previously.  Whoever revamped the site form a very useful and easy to use forum seems to want to make it a Facebook type "community" that in my opinion is way too complicated. 

What was wrong with the old forum?  Like I said, this isn't specific to this topic, but HOW can I start or add to a discussion about the community itself?  I don't expect a satisfactory answer, and will probably have a hard time finding it if there is one!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You create a new discussion by clicking on the "Create" link at the top of the website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

funny, this is the first I've seen of this thread.  but i really like the new format.  love how there is an indicator to let me know which topics that I have participated in have new posts.  this format is much different than the other forums I belong too, and I really enjoy this one.  just my opinion though.

0 Likes